How Do You Use Your Blog?

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by LarissaPhotography, Jan 12, 2009.

1. K_Pugh

K_Pugh No longer a newbie, moving up!

I planned to use mine for local community based content, general photos i've taken for personal use, updates to the company etc .. BUT.. I could never update it as much as I liked so I took it down.

I've got a "Latest News" section on my home page anyway and I suppose I could also make those linkable to another page if I wanted to add content.

Blogs are good but you need to update them constantly, time, effort, etc. Plus everyone has one, and I'm not sure I want to share personal things with potential clients anyway. I like to keep things as business like and as professional looking as possible.

2. tinfish

tinfish TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I literally just added my blog to the site. I plan on using it primarily to just give the in and outs of what is going on with the business, display images from recent shoots, etc. I have to admit I do not know that I am much of the blogger but I am committing myself to keep it updated with fresh content. I thinks it is a great tool for helping clients find a little more personal connection with a photographer.

3. bellacat

bellacat TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I have several but for the business I try to have a balance of business related stuff with recent sessions and a little of my personal site. I am finding more and more that there are people who check it every day so its nice to be able to show that I am actually working and sharing photos from recent sessions.

4. abraxas

abraxas No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    To get rich quick.

5. visualpoetry

visualpoetry TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    all of the above. new shots/projects, equiptment upgrades, specials and new services/products, and personal goodies. personally, i'd much rather peek at a photog's blog than their website - its current.

6. ukreal1

ukreal1 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    mine is personal ramblings and recent shoots...I try to alternate between the 2...

7. Cool G5

Cool G5 TPF Noob!

My website is a mix bag of Technology along with some experiences out of my personal life. I write about OS, Mobiles, Cricket, Reviews, Guides. In addition, I have recently began to design Symbian Themes which are available for download.

Being a photography n00b, I am keeping off on posting any article or guide on same. Maybe after I gain enough experience & knowledge, I will start contributing it.