How do you view/display/exhibit your photography?

I started printing from digital a couple of years ago (so I have a hole of many years, because I have many prints and slides from the analog era). I agree with Keith: we have now more capability of capturing moments, but less probability to preserve them for the future. I have floppy disks I'm no more able to read, and some CDs too. Paper -at least, good paper- apparently lasts more. One of my pleasures as a kid was to look at my parents pictures - snapshots, no more, but full of life.

So, now I print travel pictures (just a selection, as memories). This in small format (12x18cm) or small photobooks (still to understand whether any kind of paper is guaranteed to last). I print 20x30cm of the pictures I like more, but then I just put them in a drawer, except some of my wife that I give to my mother-in-law, which expose them at home. Looking on print is different than on screen. For my mother-in-law I also print pictures of our nephew (small format -many, and large -few), but at Christmas I also gave her a digital frame, to put more pictures, including those not worth a print but still beautiful at the eyes of a grandmother.
I print also some picture taken when playing music with friends (20x30cm). A number of them are on the walls of the room we use for playing. They are glad.
Many pictures go to Flickr, Picasa, Facebook. Some adequate become my desktop background for some time.

Sw1tchFX said:
I really hope you're joking....

Oh god I had thought the same thing! Why in gods name would you do that?? Is the comp not a safer place to store them and on multiple hard drives in comparison to keeping them in a memory card? So then you only look at them on a camera screen? I'm sorry if I seem rude but I don't see the point in that.

Memory cards are designed to be a temporary storage space. When I was working at the camera store it would happen all the freaking time, 45+ year old woman who probably shouldn't be shooting digital in the first place because she doesn't even own a computer comes in with a ziploc bag of dozens of SD cards over the years. Pop them in the Kiosk to make prints and she asks "Why isn't this reading my picture chip?" And when it's explained to her what happened, every time, they get defensive, yell that it's our fault and storm out of the building. Damn near without fail.

dumbbitch.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back