How does this lens compare to the Tamron 18-400mm ..

1.jpg

Not a Nikon person, but...I've heard nothing but good things about the Nikkor 200-500mm. Met a guy using one the other day, and his photos are incredible. Kinda in your budget new. Maybe find a good used one? It is heavy. Sounds like over 5 lbs. If this woman can lug it around....

I know you wanted to sell off the Tamron lenses and go all Nikon, but the Tamron 150-600mm is a really nice lens. Even the G1. Just picked up a clean used one for 600.00. Night and day difference over the Tamron 200-500mm I had. Just under 5 lbs. It's a beast, but the pictures are worth it. The G2 is likely even better, but out of your budget new. Maybe a used one again?

Just trying to help and give you some things to research. I tend to over think and research things before purchasing. Not made out of money and would like to get the most for my buck.

I would love this..but is it easy to remove..and attach ?

I would love this..but is it easy to remove..and attach ?

You mean," Is it easy to put the camera onto the lens?" Not too bad...Big lenses are different than lenses that weight less than two to three pounds or less. Watch the video several times...have hubby watch at least twice!!

Okay thank you Derrel'' i will do that

You'll stand the lens up and lower the camera body down on to it. You don't ever want to lower a big lens down on to a camera body. Like this

IMG_3785.jpg

wow this is such a monster.. .. i have to go to camera shop and actually hold it etc..thanks yes thats good info..

You don't want one of those, it's an old Nikon 400 MM f/2.8. I think it weighs around 13 pounds ;) Just using it for demonstration purposes as far as how you put a body on a big lens not the other way around.

I have the AF-P DX 70-300mm VR refurbished and it's crazy sharp through out the entire focal range and focus is great just never really enough reach but its so so light.

You don't want one of those, it's an old Nikon 400 MM f/2.8. I think it weighs around 13 pounds ;) Just using it for demonstration purposes as far as how you put a body on a big lens not the other way around.
very good demo ! Thank you

Most reactions

Back