How far will you go?

Epoxy based composites will burn merrily once you get the epoxy going. Carbon fiber tripods are presumably epoxy based composites. I have heard that it's pretty hard to get the fiber itself going, but I don't know if that's true. Epoxy burns like fun, though.

Epoxy based composites will burn merrily once you get the epoxy going. Carbon fiber tripods are presumably epoxy based composites. I have heard that it's pretty hard to get the fiber itself going, but I don't know if that's true. Epoxy burns like fun, though.

Different weaves for different applications. Race cars use flame resistant materials that would bubble and blister but not catch fire. In formula one they use carbon fiber for everything including exhaust ducting which gets very hot.

Tripod are probably not design to be heat resistant beyond anything normal operating range.

I will go as far as the kitchen refrigerator, provided the beer is cold enough.

I think I have figured this out, the photographer is testing new Area 51 shoes by Nike. These shoes not only allow you to stand on hot surfaces, they are also so stealth that his feet aren't even there, in fact the whole photo is so stealth, that it didn't even happen, and these aren't the shoes you are looking for.

Nike the official shoe supplier to Area 51.

I think I have figured this out, the photographer is testing new Area 51 shoes by Nike. These shoes not only allow you to stand on hot surfaces, they are also so stealth that his feet aren't even there, in fact the whole photo is so stealth, that it didn't even happen, and these aren't the shoes you are looking for.

Way to go there Snowden, tell the whole world why don't you. :lol:

Way to go there Snowden, tell the whole world why don't you. :lol:

I ran into an alien while hiding in a cardboard box in Russia, he told me the whole story, he's looking for exile in Roswell.

That also means that you were half wrong so you ain't just the kissee, you is also a kisser. So start a kissing.....:eek:ldman:
:lmao::lmao::lmao:

That also means that you were half wrong so you ain't just the kissee, you is also a kisser. So start a kissing.....:eek:ldman:

I am an optimist.

I am an optimist.

So which to you think works better then lined or line-less bifocals?? :lol::lol::lol:
leo-cullum-old-macdonald-had-an-optometrist-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

Last edited:
The dude evidently staged it, but it's not 'shopped. Some sort of accelerant. lighter fluid, maybe?

It's a plastic tripod that's why it's on fire.

A plastic tripod would, in all likelihood, melt before igniting. If it didn't, it sure the Hell would melt after it ignited. This tripod isn't doing that.

I can agree that it's a tantalizing image, but it's not genuine.

More than a few years of fire fighting training convinces me of that...

Let's think about the obvious... I've owned a LOT of tripods in my life, and I've never owned one that had legs made of a combustible material. Aluminum? Yes. Steel? Yes. CF? Yes... what else do they make tripods out of that would actually burn??????

We're talking about molten lava right? Melted rocks and elements?

Anyhow, no promises but we're going to Maui for Christmas!! I'm researching Lava tours now! I'm so excited!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back