How good is adobe quick fix?

Everglades

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've got about 200 digital photos that have either been scanned from slides or taken with a cannnon powershot. I'm new to both photography and digital editing. I noticed adobe has a quick fix routine that apparently adjust the color, contrast, etc. to what the software thinks is best.

Should I run all my photos through quick fix and trust it to adjust them correctly?

Guess it's personal prefrence.
Some people are happy to send all the films to a photostore to get developed. Some people prefer to set up a dark room and make the prints them selves.

I guess it works the same with digital.
I personally go through every image on my own.
But sometimes I use a batch action if I know how I want them to be.

I'm not familiar with quick fix but if it is the equivalent of auto levels in Photoshop, then I wouldn't recommend it. I think you can do better with a little time.

I think it is pretty equivilent to auto levels. The thing is because I am so inexperienced, I'm not sure what "better" really is. Quick fix seems to be adding quite a bit of contrast to the Cannon shots taken indoors with the automatic flash. It seems to me that it is perhaps adding too much brightness at times, but then it could be the computer is right and I am wrong.

I dont use it, and never had good results. If your going to use a quick fix try Microsoft digital image. I have Photoshop and digital image. You can do much more with photoshop, but it takes a little more time to get it right. The microsoft product seems to do a better job, for a quick fix (color, levels, exposure ect)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back