How i hate computers

doenoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.daanschouwe.nl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
well, not all the time.....but right now i pretty much do.
I just upgraded my pc, since my old one was pretty much outdated. I tried to buy some new memory for it and the store just didnt have it anymore. So an upgrade was in place. So i bought a new motherboard, processor, videocard and 4gig of memory. Ripped out all the old stuff from the case and installed the new stuff. All went well till i tried to connect the dvd-drives to the motherboard............i was short 1 IDE-port. There was only one on the motherboard and that is used by my HD's. So now i have to buy a new DVD burner too, with a sata connection or whatever it is called. No biggie offcourse, except for the fact that the stores are closed and on monday i have to work all day. So i have to wait till tuesday before i can play with my new pc.........sucks.
But when its that time, im sure i will be very happy with computers again :mrgreen:
When the new setup is up and running it will have:
Motherboard - Asus P5KC
Processor - Intel Quadcore Q6600 2.4G 1066MHz 8MB
Videocard - GeForce 8600GT
Memory - 4gig
Anyways, im really happy with it....except for now since it isnt working yet :grumpy:

I know how you feel, sort of...

I don't hate my computer, but I really hate Vista.

I've been having nothing but problems with it in the 8 months I've had it.

It likes to randomly not allow programs I've had installed for months to work. More recently, it's been giving me problems when I try to use PaintShop Pro. I've been using it for months now with no problems, but for the last 2 weeks or so, it either tells me the install is damaged and I need to reinstall, or it just doesn't open at all. Then I have to go into task manager and close it, and then try again. When I get the damaged error, it usually works if I wait 5-10 minutes.

Then when I do manage to get it to work, it freezes up on me, and I have to close the program.

I get improper shut down warnings almost every other day, and any time I want to take pictures off my memory card, I have to put the card in twice because it always asks me if i want to reformat it so it can be used.

I won't even start talking about trying to use other "Vista friendly" programs like Nero or instant messengers.

It's pretty sad when I have a program that isn't supposed to work with Vista, but it runs like a champ every single time i use it.

I've gone through the computer many times with up-to-date anti-virus, anti-spyware, Hijack This, rootkit programs, registry cleaning, memory and HD tests etc..., and nothing comes up. I've done everything short of reformatting it and trying to put a copy of XP Pro on it.

I'm running an AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ with a 500GB C drive and 400GB D drive, and 4GB DDR2 PC2-8500 RAM, so I know processor power or memory isn't an issue.

So, like I said, I know how you feel, sort of... :lol:

Oh, boy...another Vista rant. I've run it on all the parts of your computer in the past, Daan, and it has always run like a champ. Moving on, because even though you wouldn't know it from reading the comments, this isn't about Vista!

Congrats on the new rig! Yeah, most new motherboards only come with 1 IDE, but you can get really cheap SATA to IDE converters for your optical drives...or new optical drives for only $20.

Only thing I wouldn't have advised is that 8600...I used to have it, and it was very underpowered, though I was trying to use it for games. I have a 9600 now, and just ordered a second one for $60 to use in SLI ;)

i dont play alot of games on my pc, thats what i have my xbox, xbox360 and wii for :mrgreen:
I bought a new dvd writer today, but i forgot that i needed a dual layer burner. Ah well, that converter might be a good idea. Thanks for the tip :)
And i just installed XP again. I hear good and bad things about Vista, but XP never gave me any problems so ill just keep on using that. Dont even know what the big plus is anyways.
But as you might have guessed, i got the stuff up and running and im installing all the programs and stuff now. Allready have my screen running at 1680x1050.......i really need to make some new background pictures :)

My first run in with Vista was a bad experience. I got a "free upgrade" when I bought my last laptop because it was right before Vista was released. When I installed it on the laptop that previously had XP, it worked fine for about a week, then the computer kept bluescreening. I just bought a new laptop two weeks ago that came preloaded with vista and SP1, it runs like a champ! I have to say that I love it so far. AMD Athlon X2 64 with 3 gigs of ram.... Love it. Sounds like you have a nice system built there. Have fun with it.

The answer to all you problems is simply: GET A MAC!!!!

That's all that matters. There's always something else out there that's faster or better but as long as you're happy with it...

Most reactions

Back