How is College Football Photography Done?

Discussion in 'Articles of Interest' started by VidThreeNorth, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Dave442

Dave442 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Well just looking at the image that the guy on the right, Mike Ehrmann, made and the others probably knew they would learn more just watching him shoot the game.

I also have a feeling that the small group with cameras and just looking were Georgia students. They would not want anything to do with having a picture of an Alabama touchdown and hopefully that was their instructor right next to them.

2. ac12

ac12 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ha, you are absolutely correct.
    When I shoot for the high school that I help at, I totally ignore the scoring touchdown, baskets, or goals of the opposing team. If I get any, it is by accident, and it never gets past my edits. But then I would hardly be down by the opposing scoring goal, especially planted in a fixed location like in the pix. Being in a planted location, to me would indicate MY scoring goal.

I also find that if I shoot, I cannot coach the students. I end up turning into a photographer, and shooting.
    I have to NOT shoot, to properly be coaching them.

3. MSnowy

MSnowy Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you think they look bad for just sitting there watching, I bet the picture of the Georgia defensive backs standing there just watching looks worse.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ac12

ac12 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

MSnowy
    You mean like this pix of the goalie, looking dejectedly at the scoring ball she was in the wrong position to block.
    goalie missed ball frump.jpg

BTW, this is one reason why I do NOT tight zoom.
    If I had tight zoomed and followed the ball into the net, I likely would not have gotten this shot.
    The zoom was set wide enough to get both the ball on the left side of the net, and the goalie on the right side of the net.
    When things move FAST, I cannot compose in the viewfinder. It is all I can do just to track the ball from the kicker into the net. I set the zoom somewhat wide, then cross my fingers that in editing, I find a cool shot like this one.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2018