How is my PP? Pls. CC.

El2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am trying to do more with my CS4, this program is very overwhelming. Hopefully, I did good not just ok. Please give me CC everything (focus, composition, etc.)... Thanks.

Here are my settings:
f3.5, ISO100, SS1/800

497029291_fkXqu-L.jpg

Here is the before picture:
498081161_jopXY-L.jpg

Last edited:
Other than the border and signature, what did you use photoshop for? I'd maybe recommend downsizing the sig, but the photo looks good.

Other than the border and signature, what did you use photoshop for? I'd maybe recommend downsizing the sig, but the photo looks good.

I think I got carried away with the picture frame and the signature, lol.

I used photoshop because I had some blown spots on the sky when I upped the exposure a bit. I also did some selective coloring to make the grass pop and tone down the red on his skin tone.

I think that was it and of course cropped the picture and sharpened for web.

only after you mentioned it could i tell (with my untrained eye) that there was any PP done. looks very natural to me. which i'm guessing you were going for? looks good!

I think it looks pretty good, except for the intrusive border and sig.

pretty good PP, the little guy has too much of a halo, more contrast and a dodge burn vignette of the background would look sweet! Great shot!:thumbup:

If you are going to ask on input about your PP your best bet would be to post before and afters otherwise we have zero idea as to what was done.

I think the picture would be better if there wasn't an out of focus, hulking red thing the background. Sure, it's slightly sentimental (I'm assuming there's a relation), but I think it takes away from the picture, IMO. I think I would like it more with the kid.

If you are going to ask on input about your PP your best bet would be to post before and afters otherwise we have zero idea as to what was done.

Updated with the SOOC.

A little too much USM -- the kid has a halo. Composition (crop) is good (I hold that the background subject works here for context, contrary to an above opinion), you could bring the eyes out of shadow a bit better (in photoshop, shadow/highlights adjustment with the shadows at maybe 15% or so -- it defaults to 50 when you open the control) and might need to mask it in and blend it until it's correct.

Whatever tonal correction and USM was done caused the background subject's shirt to posterize on the shoulders. The arms, too.

Excellent! You've done a good job; the only thought I have is that the boy's face looks just a tiny bit over-done. Perhaps just some minor work on the deep shadow along his chin.

Composition (crop) is good (I hold that the background subject works here ).

I have to agree here, I like the concept, execution, and the crop. The "thing" in the background makes it different than a picture of a kid in a field, and the control of composition and depth of field makes it more than a snapshot of child and (insert relation of background individual here- hopefully not a stranger). Others have given you good advice on the little post processing things to correct, and the advice is solid. I agree that a vignette might help to focus the eye, and I think it might be interesting to see if you can pull any blue back into the sky in the background.

(insert relation of background individual here- hopefully not a stranger).

Ha-ha. No he is not a stranger, that would be creepy. That's my husband hoovering in the background.

Most reactions

Back