How is this processed?

Don't post other photographer's work -- copyright violation. You can post a link to the photo.

Joe

I thought I did post a link to the image. Someone changed it to a link to a website that showed several images and not the one I was interested in the processing of.

what Joe said ;)
Plus: I´d say:
high clarity value
very high noise reduction (max)
desaturate
Here is a quick try with an image of a recent shoot
20170224-DSC00827.jpg

I thought I did post a link to the image. Someone changed it to a link to a website that showed several images and not the one I was interested in the processing of.

All I know is I clicked on the thread and there was the photo. Now there's a link.

Joe

what Joe said ;)
Plus: I´d say:
high clarity value
very high noise reduction (max)
desaturate
Here is a quick try with an image of a recent shoot
View attachment 136219

hmmm. Very nice photo, first of all, and I'd say you got the processing look I am aiming for.
Now time for me to practice some.

Thank you.

Very desaturated look, fairly low contrast. There are some Lightoom presets that offer this look. It is an interesting waty to subtly reference olkd-time Renaissance paintings that have developed a horrible patina of age over the originally brighter paintwork.

I have to keep practicing, because I can't get any that I've played with to look like either the original above or Photo1x1's.

Thank you, Derrel.

I have to keep practicing, because I can't get any that I've played with to look like either the original above or Photo1x1's.

Thank you, Derrel.
Try this one. It only affects a few parameters.
Then play with exposure, contrast, highlights and shadow to adjust the look of your images.
In general this style works best with rather high contrast low key images.
Also: the bigger the resolution of your camera, the less effective the preset will be. You could export it as 16bit tiff and then import it again in Lightroom and apply the same preset again to increase the effect.

Attachments

• paintingPhoto1x1.zip
    502 bytes · Views: 92
Awesome, I'll check it out tonight.

Thanks again, Photo1x1.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Colour Grading with some tone mapping

this is 90% lighting. no amount of ps'ing is going to get you even close if you don't have the lighting right. This reminds me of Leibovitz style lighting and editing. This would get you close I think:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back