How Long Does It Take!?!

Senor Hound

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
[rant]

How long does it take for dpreview.com to get a review up for the new Canon Rebel XS? I've been waiting patiently, and the K20 was previewed AFTER the XS, and they already have the review for it. And in the new Sony A-200 review, they compare it to the 1000D, even though the 100D doesn't have a review yet!

I'm really wanting to know how much this camera is going to cost and how nice it will be. I wish to god they'd just get the review over with! Its been five and a half weeks since their preview, how long does it take!?!

[/rant]

I dunno, maybe they cant get their hands on one yet :p

you still haven't decided on a camera? go into a shop sometime instead of trolling the internet all day. everyone is going to keep telling you that all that matters is having a camera you're comfortable using. i can take the same image with my D300 or D2h, but, if I picked up a 1Ds MKIII, I'd get pissed off at the stupid wheel on the back and ditch it - I only have one thumb on each hand!

you still haven't decided on a camera? go into a shop sometime instead of trolling the internet all day. everyone is going to keep telling you that all that matters is having a camera you're comfortable using. i can take the same image with my D300 or D2h, but, if I picked up a 1Ds MKIII, I'd get pissed off at the stupid wheel on the back and ditch it - I only have one thumb on each hand!

I'm pretty set on my ways, and right now I'm just collecting money to get what I want. Note I haven't been asking any questions about what to buy anymore. And its not like I don't have a camera, its just not a DSLR.

I HIGHLY doubt it will make a difference, but if they turn out to be $400 or something, I will pounce like a cat. Really right now I'm more interested in how much they're going to be than anything.

BTW just in case you were wondering, if I had to buy a camera tomorrow, it'd probably be the Sony a300 since it has both IS and live view. But I need to save up more money for that, since I don't want to totally deplete the savings...

sorry, I'm not trying to call you out or anything. I just feel like you've researched the hell out of this and would benefit more from shooting (with whatever you have).

sorry, I'm not trying to call you out or anything. I just feel like you've researched the hell out of this and would benefit more from shooting (with whatever you have).

You're absolutely right. Tomorrow and Tuesday are my days off, and I haven't posted a new photo in a while... :)

Perhaps this question would be better posed to dpreview.

Probably. I really was just making conversation, though. It does strike me as odd that one camera has a review 2 weeks after its preview and this one is taking 6 weeks. But oh well. Besides, I've found voicing my opinion to others is usually just a waste of breath or memory. But thanks for the suggestion! :)

I thought you were going to ask to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. :)
And I see Iron has found the new review.

Most reactions

Back