How long

Battou

TPF junkie!
Reaction score
Website
www.photo-lucidity.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
How long does unexposed film last in it's original packaging? Reasently I purchased a few rolls of film to find out later with it was atleast a couple years old.

What's the film?

Black and white will generally last longer if stored properly. It's also easier to correct during processing. You an add an anti-fog agent such as potassium ferricyanide or benzotriazole to black and white films during development, whereas there's no such thing as anti color shift for C41, E6, or K14.

Keep the film in the fridge, or in the freezer if you intend to hang onto it for a long time. I routinely shoot film dated back to the early 80's with few to no problems.

Color film, I am not developing my own at the current time either so there is another hit. Sadly I think every thing I have shot from the last couple weeks it toast.

Meh. I don't see it as much of a problem. I regularly shoot expired Portra. Nearly all of my Agfa color negative films are pretty well out of date and shoot perfectly well with no noticeable color shift. If you want to play it safe, take it to a pro lab and not the corner store. I'm sure it will be just fine.

Meh. I don't see it as much of a problem. I regularly shoot expired Portra. Nearly all of my Agfa color negative films are pretty well out of date and shoot perfectly well with no noticeable color shift. If you want to play it safe, take it to a pro lab and not the corner store. I'm sure it will be just fine.

I think I sent the last roll out friday :(

Well if you sent it to the corner store you should be expecting color shift anyway. :mrgreen:

They really aren't as big a deal as you think. Granted, you shouldn't use expired film for anything mission critical, but I don't know anyone who's had significant problems otherwise.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back