How many did you do?

I commented on your other thread a while back regarding the naked baby girl wrapped in the sheer black fabric. To see it on your website is really REALLY nauseating and unprofessional! Do her parents know you have her genitals up for the world to see? :sick: maybe learn how to drive a crop? Or show some discretion?

She has that shot as her primary photo on her facebook business page! It is terrible! https://www.facebook.com/stephmoorephotography

It won't open for me, but maybe she has at least stopped using that pic, or used the burn tool to add some black strategically, or something. Pretty sad that she didn't bother to heed the suggestion a couple months ago. That's fine, let her leave it up- I know as a prospective client that would certainly tell me who NOT to go to!

Everything about your website says you are in business. You need to be registered and get insurance ASAP. Especially before you do your Bunnies and Babies campaign. Live animals + Children + no insurance = TROUBLE. The Rabbit Ranch's insurance does not cover you. Opening a photography business is like any other business venture. If you don't have the money, you get a bank loan or ask family for a loan. There are no short cuts. Shame on you for not looking out for yourself, your family and your clients.

Bunnies can be mean! I did this Bunny thing years ago and they bit several children. That was my last year with live Bunnies.

Bunnies can be mean! I did this Bunny thing years ago and they bit several children. That was my last year with live Bunnies.
Like any other prey animal, their first response is defensive; they're cute and cuddly, but they are, IMO, a BAD choice to pair up with young children unused to handling small animals.

I commented on your other thread a while back regarding the naked baby girl wrapped in the sheer black fabric. To see it on your website is really REALLY nauseating and unprofessional! Do her parents know you have her genitals up for the world to see? :sick: maybe learn how to drive a crop? Or show some discretion?
I visited the web site after reading this comment and I agree. Some discretion and more practice needed. Also I agree LLC and insurance are the must.

According to her site.. she is staying plenty busy! I guess there are a lot of people that would rather have cheap photography, rather than good photography! ;)

Liability insurance? Abolutely. It's cheap.
LLC? Maybe.

Single member LLC's don't really offer any more protection than a sole proprietorship does. Check with your attorney.

Last edited:
Liability insurance? Abolutesly. It's cheap.
LLC? Maybe.

Single member LLC's don't really offer any more protection than a sole proprietorship does. Check with your attorney.

Ok. Now this one I'm curious about... According to my attorney, theres a huge difference between an LLC and a sole proprietorship. Specifically, theres a huge difference in liability protection. According to both my attorney and my accountant, there's not much difference in them for the purposes of taxation, at least for a single member LLC.

Care to elucidate?

LLP also restricts liability to business assets, just have a silent partner sign, like a spouse

LLP also restricts liability to business assets, just have a silent partner sign, like a spouse

This may be one of those "varies by state," instances KmH is talking about. The info I'm getting in Michigan is that LLP only matters if the partner (silent or otherwise) is not your spouse. The courts here will treat an LLP as a single member LLC if the partners are spouses.

must be, i've filed both (separate times of course) - spouse and a legitimate business partner

Most reactions

New Topics

Back