How many hours do you spend oh photography ?

I wish I could do something daily, but with working full time and taking pictures is a hobby, it makes it possible to only do things when I can. It might just be a 4 hour stroll on Saturday, or a quick stop while on lunch at work.
On another forum where I post pics, I have a 52 week project thread, which forces me to at least capture a few images a week, and I try to post every Sunday. Kinda helps keep me motivated too.
As for learning, I spend maybe 2 hours a week surfing Youtube, and other photography sites for info. :meh:

Does going on TPF count?? I do a decent amount but I not as much as like. On average, 1-2 hours a day.

It depends what day of course.

For pros, it's probably different. I shoot for an artistic outlet, thus I do it when I want and when I have time. I believe in life if you want to do something, you'll make time for it.

5 hours on weekdays. Currently just doing it part time Since I have another job. On weekends could be up to 10 hours if it is a wedding.

hi, I am very fond of photography. I always interested in takeing natural picture and the picture of historical places. I can spend a lot of time on photography.

Was spending 40 hours a week doing it... went down to 0 for a few months, and now I spend about an hour a day looking at images and just reading. I've yet to pick up another camera, but I'm in the market and then hopefully I'll get more involved again.

I have gotten where I am usually shooting at least one portrait session or wedding on the weekend, then I usually spend 4-6 hours post processing a weekend, possibly some during the week. Most of my weekdays are spent studying other people's work and reading on techniques.

Depnds on where Im at and, what I am shooting. Sometimes I go out for shots and, actually shoot nothing. Then there are times everything seems right with the world and, Im a shooting fool. Usually because of work Im shooting on week-ends. I do shoot sometimes at work since I travel all over N.Az.

My photography is a part-time/mostly weekend job.
Some weekends, it is sun-up to sun-down.

It has recently taken over my life, I shoot pics of my Son playing sport all weekend and then spend every evening of the week editing them.

I try to go shoot portraits or skating atleast once a week but I typically read something about photograpghy everyday from online tutorials, book, mags ect. but a few months of the year I work as a traveling dance photog for competitions, I'm also starting to get portrait work too. So I'd say adding research, editing and actual shooting time prob 6-30 hours a week.

Most reactions

Back