• I do not have any and contemplate getting one

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

rexbobcat

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm thinking of getting a tattoo - just some simple line art - and I was wondering who here has some?

How many?
What are they of and why?
Which hurt the most?
Do you regret any of them?

I have 6......4 dragons, 1 wizard, 1 heart.....

I have an Eagle on my arm above the short sleeve line. I got it while in the Marines, NC. I want to get more but it's like a lot of things, never get around to it. Additionally, I have not found a place I like yet. Most people that do it around here are not really that good at it, they're scratchers. I am real picky about that whole business.

Here is a link to consider. I would study it prior to getting it done.

What To Look For When Choosing Your Tattoo Studio

I have 5. Two I'm getting covered with new ones, two I had done a week and a half ago, and one is in memory of my brother done in 97.

The owl is because I'm a wildlife photographer and have a special affinity for owls. The words, deeply personal and one I have wanted for about 5 years. Funny story, my boyfriend of 3 years recently cheated on me and I left him. People who don't know me well, seem to think the "never again" is because of him. Very few people (3 maybe) know what the tattoo really means.

Attachments

• 08deba09-bd74-45db-8f57-4fde7b168c25.jpg
    08deba09-bd74-45db-8f57-4fde7b168c25.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 282
  • 7aa383a3-e333-4dcd-a783-a6046ee51161.jpg
    7aa383a3-e333-4dcd-a783-a6046ee51161.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 277
Sorry, guess I didn't answer all your questions.

How many? 5
What are they of and why? two hearts (getting covered), an angel, an owl and words
Which hurt the most? Without a doubt, the owl. I asked everyone I saw with an arm tattoo for a year if it hurt. They lied. Near the wrist, hurts like hell.
Do you regret any of them? Yes, but life is really too short for regrets so those will be just covered with something more meaningful.

I don't have any. I have thought about it a lot but I guess I have commitment issues because I cannot decide on what artwork, I would like to have on my body forever.

Good luck with your decision.

I have 5. Two I'm getting covered with new ones, two I had done a week and a half ago, and one is in memory of my brother done in 97.

The owl is because I'm a wildlife photographer and have a special affinity for owls. The words, deeply personal and one I have wanted for about 5 years. Funny story, my boyfriend of 3 years recently cheated on me and I left him. People who don't know me well, seem to think the "never again" is because of him. Very few people (3 maybe) know what the tattoo really means.

So Barb, that means you'll try anything once??? lol. (BTW, cool ink)

So Barb, that means you'll try anything once??? lol. (BTW, cool ink)

LOL Yup, once then NEVER AGAIN! And thanks, I'm pretty darn happy with them. The artist drew the owl, I sent her a picture and said it was sort of what I wanted. She came up with something entirely different and absolutely perfect. She also picked the font for the letters.

no joke, I'm getting a consultation at Zap A Tat soon to have mine removed.

no joke, I'm getting a consultation at Zap A Tat soon to have mine removed.

Tried to tell you that a guy getting a "tramp stamp" was a BAD idea.
Good one! I once saw a young woman with a Chinese "tramp stamp" and I just couldn't resist. I asked her why she had "Chicken with Broccoli" tattooed on her. She really panicked until I told her I was only joking.

I'd be outta the chair as soon as I saw the needle.

I wonder if someone gets one done when they're relatively young, are they thinking about how it will look later on? I would not today want any of the hairstyles or clothing that I wore in my 20's - no clogs, no cruel shoes, no school bus yellow fish nets, no bell bottoms (well Ok maybe some flares but not in red and white stripes w/stars).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back