How many of you are "Pros" ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me.

Chief photographer for a daily newspaper(been here for 9 years) and I started shooting feature/cover stories for 3 weekly special sections for the San Francisco Chronicle 3 months ago.

Oh god someone please just lock this thread now.

Depends on how you define it...

Very few real Photography Pro's.. maybe a dozen?!

A whole lot of "I don't charge much because I am still learning" Pro's!

Some who seem to think that having a Blog makes them an instant expert Pro, even though they can't take a decent image to save their lives!

Some Hobbyists who do deliver Professional images (could be Pros), and a lot more who don't.

We just lost a real PRO who got tired of the nonsense of rude Noobs thinking they know more than he did... and some others (pro / ex pro) who don't post much anymore!

Some who seem to think that having a Blog makes them an instant expert Pro, even though they can't take a decent image to save their lives!

Hey dang it, leave my blog out of this, it has nothing to do with photography anyway. It's my Facebook page that makes me the Pro.:lmao:

Spend money & more money for a hobby i enjoy.I have nothing else better to do with my time .

Oh god someone please just lock this thread now.

Depends on how you define it...

Very few real Photography Pro's.. maybe a dozen?!

A whole lot of "I don't charge much because I am still learning" Pro's!

Some Hobbyists who do deliver Professional images (could be Pros), and a lot more who don't.

We just lost a real PRO who got tired of the nonsense of rude Noobs thinking they know more than he did... and some others (pro / ex pro) who don't post much anymore!

You two have GOTTA just learn how to open up and tell us how you REALLY feel. :lmao:
I tend to agree with both of you. And that scares me. :D

OP: By MY definition (and by Charlie's) I am NOT a Pro. There are too many areas where I am not proficient enough to take a decent photo, portraits being one of my BIG deficiencies. Though, truth be told, I'm not "pro" level in any "genre" of photo (again, by MY definition, which is as much about quality as income). I don't really WANT to be a Pro, either though, unless I were to manage to break into the world of fine art photography. Doing portraiture for a living would make me want to kill myself.

That said, I do "sorta" make a living from it. It is ONE part of my job--I am an editor/writer by training AND profession, and my work duties have evolved to include photography, graphic design, and social media management. The photography part of my job has increased probably ten-fold over the last three years, but I still consider it an "add-on" duty, not my primary profession.

I make only penny ante money, now and then, on the kind of photography I actually ENJOY doing.

You two have GOTTA just learn how to open up and tell us how you REALLY feel. :lmao:

Haha... and I was holding back.. trying to be "nice"! ;)

I know. I remember the "old" days, when you were sometimes a bit more...uh...BLUNT. :lmao: I kinda miss that--it was usually highly entertaining, and always truthful, too. Mostly, I'm just surprised you haven't internally combusted or something from the pressure of "holding back" as often as you have to do. :D

Absolutely not. Not by any definition of the word. Nor do I have any interest in swimming in those shark-infested waters.

I know. I remember the "old" days, when you were sometimes a bit more...uh...BLUNT. :lmao: I kinda miss that--it was usually highly entertaining, and always truthful, too. Mostly, I'm just surprised you haven't internally combusted or something from the pressure of "holding back" as often as you have to do. :D

I practice ITM now! (Ignore the MORONS!) At least I try too... lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back