how many of you use only speedlights ?

I finally ordered 3 vivitar 285HV on B&H this morning.
ill buy the stands and the umbrella localy since i can have discounts (friend working at the shop)
for some reason, he couldnt order the flashes at henrys, i did check at vistek, blacks and it seems like they are discontinued in canada!?!??!??, i dont know,

costed me 315 with shipping
i will probably pay border fees and taxes,

3 flashes for the price of one used sb-800....cant go wrong.

i will also make the DIY dual mount bracket so i can use 2 as a main flash,
it will also increase recycle time since i will be using 2 flash and maybe an additional battery pack,

any one using a battery pack for the 285?

I used to use a lot of flashguns (still do for some jobs) but find the light from them isn't nice as my studio lights.

I always take the stance of the right tool for the right job. Studio lights have more power and IMO better quality of light, whereas flashguns are smaller, lighter and quicker to setup.

Though as always everyone has there own opinion.

Nick

I used to use a lot of flashguns (still do for some jobs) but find the light from them isn't nice as my studio lights.

I always take the stance of the right tool for the right job. Studio lights have more power and IMO better quality of light, whereas flashguns are smaller, lighter and quicker to setup.

Though as always everyone has there own opinion.

Nick

I agree, I have a studio light that i use in my home studio as a key light and i use my speedlight for hairlight and background light.
i wish i had the money to buy 2 more and the power packs but for now i went for the vivitars and a some extra stands.
costed me 500 $ for:

3 vivitars
2 extra stands
2 32 inch umbrella bouceback/shoot through
1 46 inch silver/shoot trough
3 umbrella brackets/flash holder.

i did some test with them last night and a really like them. they costed me nothing and they are a breeze to setup and the nicest thing, they all fit a bag and weight nothing. (stands and umbrellas included)

i use a snowboard bag that has wheels.
everything fits inside.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back