How many people here use Captureone as their RAW editor?

Advanced Photo

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have been using it for a while and I really like it. I especially like to shoot tethered using my laptop on a tripod beside me as I shoot. I have an extremely powerful ASUS gaming laptop with an 18" screen that makes the software very snappy. Even when shooting frames fast and using the instant view it keeps right up.
It's nice to know in the field if you got the shot immediately. Looking at the tiny lcd you can tell the composition, but seeing focus clearly is more difficult for my old eyes.

I've been using Capture One for many years. I keep other raw converters on my system for an occasional unique ability (notably Photo Ninja & DXO) but I keep coming back to C1 as the all around superior tool.

Joe

I've been using Capture One for many years. I keep other raw converters on my system for an occasional unique ability (notably Photo Ninja & DXO) but I keep coming back to C1 as the all around superior tool.

Joe
Do you do a lot of tethered shoots with it?

Joe
Do you do a lot of tethered shoots with it?

No, I'm retired now. I shoot out in the field (usually walking to the grocery store) and bring the photos home.

Joe

Using it since version 6. For me it is the best on the market for what it does.

Hmm, just tried Capture One 9 Express for Sony (since it is free) ... and I will have to say that the raw processing does look better than LR.
Coming from LR the interface is a bit confusing ... but then again PS is also confusing to me also.

There is a learning curve, but to me it is the best out there. The rendering in most categories is better than Lightroom. It is pricey, but if you use lightroom a lot they you might find the Pro version worth the money.

It's a good bit of software for sure. As mentioned above, there is a learning curve if you are used to Lightroom, but it's well thought out in terms of workflow and delivers on quality.

I tried Lightroom and it just seemed so amateurish to me. It looks like if they had a pro version, it's been discontinued, it's not listed on their full products list.

Most reactions

Back