How many picture you commit for wedding and engagement shoot ?

What do you mean bid on a wedding?
Client: "What would you charge to photograph my wedding?"

Photographer: "How long, where, what do you want... etc?"

Client: "Details, details, details..."

Photographer: "<Price>"

Client: "Wow... that's a lot, so-and-so said he would do if for $500!"

What do you mean bid on a wedding?
Client: "What would you charge to photograph my wedding?"

Photographer: "How long, where, what do you want... etc?"

Client: "Details, details, details..."

Photographer: "<Price>"

Client: "Wow... that's a lot, so-and-so said he would do if for $500!"

photographer: sounds like so-and-so is a great deal! congratulations. *click*

Give a # of shots and now the client expects that # of shots ... So what happens when you show up to the wedding and they did a horrible job at putting it together. The decor sucks .. they were going to do this certain activity but they skipped it at the last minute .. you were scheduled to shoot the groomsmen getting ready at a certain time but they decided to do it early and not tell anybody .. the couple were going to allow X amount of time for posed family portraits but their entire family was uncooperative or slow or completely disappeared or somehow got hammered drunk within minutes following the ceremony LOL ... a total of 5 people get out on the dance floor during the reception .. the list of what ifs goes on and on and the client will not take that into consideration later because they paid you for X amount of photos.

I'm not a pro, so I look at things from the standpoint of a customer. If I hired you for 4 hours, I would expect at least 4 good photos per hour, or a total of 16 excellent photographs for the session.
I gotta be honest - if I hired a wedding photographer for a 4-hour wedding and got 16 photos, I would be *HIGHLY* upset. That's nowhere near enough.

Most reactions

Back