How many pictures do you end up showing off?

If i shot 100 i would immeadily find 10 to 15 that are keepers. Now, for what ever reason a week or two may go buy and i take another look at the batch and edit 10 to 15 more that are just as good as the first set. Thats just me, and it always happens like that.

Yeah, I got that going on too. The more distance between me and a shoot usually gives me clearer eyes to see the images I've taken.

I would have to say that if I take 100 I keep about 5. However I do take multiples at different settings. When I did photography for a boys summer camp. i would shoot about 300 and keep around 120 but that is because parents don't care as much. :lol:

I got my first DSLR a little under a year ago and it has right at 6500 clicks. I have done a ton of learning on this camera and learn something new very often on it. I currently have right at 75 shots that I would not be worried about showing to anyone (1.2%). I really hope that goes up.

Out of a hundred shots, only 10% are keepers. But I only post around one shot for a particular subject. I'm into HDR photography and I just choose the best exposures for HDR then PP them accordingly.

Cheers!

Captain Kimo

On a portrait outing I will generally shoot 100 or so, find 2 or 3 complete winners (if im lucky...) sometimes 1, sometimes none. Out of those I will select one for my portfolio, the rest to post to forums, and find about 20 or so to display to the model.

Im hoping to increase this, but overall i dont find a point in having 10 or so photos of the same look to display or for my port.

I only post a few images every week. I am super critical of everything I show. I am constantly looking for ways to improve any shot I take. Im not a pro though so I feel like this is all part of the process of becoming better.

Last edited:
I can be very hard on myself and may not like some pictures that others really like. Out of a 100 pictures I think less then half. In October I took a trip to Walt Disney World and took over 400 pictures a day (for 10 days!!), when I got home to print them I found myself only printing about 300!

In 8 hours of wedding day coverage I make about 1000 exposures, and the client sees 450 to 500 of those.

In a 2 hour portrait or live music shoot I make about 150 to 200 exposures, and the client usually sees 50 to 60.

In my personal work if I make a dozen photos in a year that really excite me, and I think are something new that I haven't done before, I count that as a pretty good year.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back