How many pre-ordered a D3/D300 so far?

jstuedle

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.picture-daddy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well, I did it. B&H is no longer taking pre-orders for the D3 so I broke down and walked into our closest Cord Camera dealer. They are taking pre-orders and have not taken so many they don't feel they can fill them with the first lot. I pulled the trigger and bought a D3 for delivery in early/mid November. The dealer claims they have seen a target ship date from Nikon of Nov. 9th. We'll see.

How many others have per-ordered a D3 or D300? Just curious. Just wanted to know if I'm the only overly eager Nikon nut out here.

This might belong in the Chat forum, if so please feel free to move.

I'm probably going to head down to CameraWorld in portland this weekend and pre order one, bye bye Sony!

I'm probably going to head down to CameraWorld in portland this weekend and pre order one, bye bye Sony!

Don't do camera world. Camera wold is ritz, and ritz is expensive. pro photo supply would most likely be cheaper if you want to keep things local.

Don't do camera world. Camera wold is ritz, and ritz is expensive. pro photo supply would most likely be cheaper if you want to keep things local.

Right now I am not seeing any difference in price with major retailers. Typical when a new, high demand model comes out. With the D3, B&H, Adorama, my local Cord, and the only small mom & pop dealer all want $4,999. Unless you find a very rare exception, I don't think it matters until maybe 9 months or so into the run.

I am in the process of getting the money together... I am debating on the D300 or the D3. I REALLY like the full frame/very low noise of the D3.

Right now I am not seeing any difference in price with major retailers. Typical when a new, high demand model comes out. With the D3, B&H, Adorama, my local Cord, and the only small mom & pop dealer all want $4,999. Unless you find a very rare exception, I don't think it matters until maybe 9 months or so into the run.

i guess, i'm still trying to figure out how i'm going to make next months rent!

I was very close to pre-ordering a D300. But ultimately I decided to wait until spring. I don't do much shooting over the winter as it almost constantly rains in and around Vancouver.
Maybe by spring I will be tempted to get the D3 :)

It will also be hard to decide if I should buy it in the states on account of the strong CND dollar. Or play it safe and buy it locally for any possible warranty work in the future.

I was surprised to learn just a few days after the announcement of the D300 and D3 that 11 D300's were already pre-ordered at my local camera store.

Less tax in the US also, about half as much, right?

Translated to Canadian English:
Less tax in the US also, aboot half as much, right?

Sorry, just kidding:lol:, but is it really much cheaper overall?

Hmmm camera world is a little spendy, ill check out pro photo, thanks switch

Most reactions

New Topics

Back