How many shots have been take with my Elph 300HS?

Shinnen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,
I bought this camera second hand, and I'm wondering if there's a way of telling how many shots have been taken with it.
Thanks,
....... john

If the camera records shutter actuations, you can import a recent JPEG image into Opanda and it will tell you that number.

Hi Sparky,
Opanda didn't seem to want to install, something about configuration. But a search turned up the fact that IrfanView will do this, which I already have. The exif says: image number 1,540,823; that's a lot of snapping. It's been well looked after though, not a blemish on it, and it takes beautiful pictures. Thanks for your help
...... john

Hi Sparky,
Opanda didn't seem to want to install, something about configuration. But a search turned up the fact that IrfanView will do this, which I already have. The exif says: image number 1,540,823; that's a lot of snapping. It's been well looked after though, not a blemish on it, and it takes beautiful pictures. Thanks for your help
...... john
How does Irfanview do that?

Hi Alan,
It's as Sparky says; but you have to have the plugins installed before it will read the exif.
..... john

Odd. I don't ever recall installing any plugins on it.

Hi Sparky,
Well, I have an older version of Irfanview, by about 5 years (or more). Maybe the newer versions don't have a separate plugins suite. The file (mine) is called Irfanview_plugins_438_setup.exe. (The '438' matches the number of the installation file.) I don't think the 'image number' option showed up (or didn't work) until I installed the plugin suite
..... john

I have the EXIF panel. But my Filename there is the name of the file I renamed it too., in this case, Fishing.jpg. It's not the original camera photo number. Is there another place in Exif I can find it? I don't see it anywhere.
PS I have version 4.52 64 bit for Wondows 10 copyright 1996-2000

Hi Alan,
I renamed one of my pictures to 'Basement.jpg', and the image number is still the same. I'm not sure why you're not getting a number. You are looking at Image/Image information/Exif info*/Image number right? Is it a Canon image? I've heard that other camera makes use different terms other than 'image number'.
...... john

Last edited:
John: Here's what it looks like.

Attachments

• Irfan.jpg
    Irfan.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 57
Hi Alan,
Scroll down on the Exif info window. On mine, the 'image number' is about the 15th entry from the bottom. Do you have the plugins suite installed?
....... john

Most reactions

Back