How much a photo retoucher makes?

tecboy

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
San Jose, Cali, The Heart of Silicon Valley
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So, I keep getting connection from photo retouchers from Model Mayhen as well as Facebook. Is photo retouching business is really as tough as photography business? I shoot primarily pet. Can they retouch photos of dog and cat?

Retouching will be as competitive as photography with a range from professional grade services, with appropriate prices, to rock bottom prices with a high probability of rock bottom quality to match. Anyone with basic retouching skills can work on pet photos, but what would the quality be?

I don't know... seems like some people offer their 'services' online for doing all kinds of things, is this the latest?

Personally I'd delete, ignore, block... that sort of thing. If I need something done I'm going to be looking for a professional, someone actually in business. I wouldn't count on people who are posting and sending out crap online knowing what they're doing.

I do photo retouch at my job all day. Other than doing the retouch at work I also do retouch for a top photographer here in St. Louis as a side job. Do it all on my own...? No flip'n way, to me it's even more competitive than shooting. You know the story.....anybody with Photoshop is a pro-retoucher.
And I have had to do retouch on pets. Mostly it's photos from cell phones.....:rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back