How much do I charge for a photo shoot?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh, MLeeK, how much should the OP charge for the photo shoot? Any ideas on the actual subject at hand? Anything? Anything at all?

Not a friggin' clue... but then my ORIGINAL post said that and WHY. RESPECTFULLY.

I am pretty confident that my reply encouraged the OP to do a little research

i am pretty confident that your reply encouraged the OP to LOL after seeing how riled up you have gotten in his troll thread.

OP -1
MLeek - 0

...This is useless. Evidently it's with the site owners and moderators here to allow you to berate, belittle and chase off any new members that the place may get.
I find this offensive in the extreme. Can you please point to any post(s) where you feel that I have berated, belittled, or chased off anyone?

I don't see any of your names up there on the marquee for Imaging, PhotoPlus, WPPi, PhotoShop world because they're not going to be.
Can you please show me where your name appears on one or more of those 'sites?

I do see you pointing to those guys who are on the handbill using their blogs and information.
Again madam, I resent this. I have never, to the best of my recollection used anyone's blog, 'site or information, other than such 'sites as Cambridge in Color, or The Strobist, and than only as links to ASSIST OTHERS. Please check your work!

In doing so they are preserving the industry for the pompous asses like you who
My, it certainly is the day for personal attacks. I don't recall saying anything derogatory to you. I trust an apology will be forthcoming unless you can show me where I have offended you.

That's my point!!! There is no open minded and fair to berating, snark, belittling and flat out picking fun at the new members for their ignorance! There is no open minded and fair in allowing the attack on anyone.
You seem to have done a pretty fair job of attacking me!

FWIW, on all the pro boards I frequent (in the electrical trade, not photography), pricing questions are promptly closed.

Not because of the ridicule that ensues, but because the question simply cannot be answered.

Doesn't really make sense, if you can't answer questions about pricing then you definitely should be in another business that you can. If I had a customer call me and I told him sorry I can't answer your questions about pricing they would probably get mad and hang up. Pricing is a great question and IMO the first that should be asked. When I was a kid and people came in to speak to us in school the first question I asked was how much do you make? It might sound rude, but it's the most important question. I don't know why it's difficult if someone asks how much to charge to say, hey this is what I charge... There's 100's of photographers that post their prices online even a link to one of those might be good. I've never heard of this, you are in a forum rule, that states you have to put up with a-holes.

...This is useless. Evidently it's with the site owners and moderators here to allow you to berate, belittle and chase off any new members that the place may get.
I find this offensive in the extreme. Can you please point to any post(s) where you feel that I have berated, belittled, or chased off anyone?

I don't see any of your names up there on the marquee for Imaging, PhotoPlus, WPPi, PhotoShop world because they're not going to be.
Can you please show me where your name appears on one or more of those 'sites? It's not, and it's not going to be. I am NOT a public speaker, but they have definitely earned a healthy dose of respect because of the way they treat people. They have earned the respect of their peers for that PROFESSIONALISM. Something MANY here are totally lacking.

I do see you pointing to those guys who are on the handbill using their blogs and information.
Again madam, I resent this. I have never, to the best of my recollection used anyone's blog, 'site or information, other than such 'sites as Cambridge in Color, or The Strobist, and than only as links to ASSIST OTHERS. Please check your work! You're damn right I point to others. Especially to the newbies. I am NOT about to write the book for them a hundred times. I AM, however, giving a response to them that is respectful AND helpful while not stirring up the sh1t pool.

My, it certainly is the day for personal attacks. I don't recall saying anything derogatory to you. I trust an apology will be forthcoming unless you can show me where I have offended you.
And where did I say that it was YOU I was talking to? You jumped in when you felt the friends being attacked or
And just where were you involved in this argument before that you seem to feel that this was pointed at you? Guilty conscience?

Doesn't really make sense, if you can't answer questions about pricing then you definitely should be in another business that you can. If I had a customer call me and I told him sorry I can't answer your questions about pricing they would probably get mad and hang up...
I agree completely; if you can't answer client/customer enquiries on pricing you are in a world of hurt, but if someone in your line of business (for the sake of argument, we'll assume you run a widgit polishing service) called you from an undisclosed location and asked you simply, "How much should I charge for polishing widgets, I would submit that it would be virtually impossible for you to answer. You could tell him/her how much you charge, but as to how much he should charge?

For the love of GOD, let it go man.......had to throw in one of my fav things I say all the time;)

My, it certainly is the day for personal attacks. I don't recall saying anything derogatory to you. I trust an apology will be forthcoming unless you can show me where I have offended you.[/QUOTE]

In all honesty it's not directed at YOU per se. It's directed at those who believe that the poking fun at the newbies because of their ignorance. It is not well typed as I am definitely typing this faster than my brain is catching how my meanings can be taken. I do apologize if you feel it is a PERSONAL attack. It's most definitely not personal. Now if you believe that giving no respect to the newbies because they are ignorant of the ways of the world here? Then yes, it's a personal attack.

Doesn't really make sense, if you can't answer questions about pricing then you definitely should be in another business that you can. If I had a customer call me and I told him sorry I can't answer your questions about pricing they would probably get mad and hang up...
I agree completely; if you can't answer client/customer enquiries on pricing you are in a world of hurt, but if someone in your line of business (for the sake of argument, we'll assume you run a widgit polishing service) called you from an undisclosed location and asked you simply, "How much should I charge for polishing widgets, I would submit that it would be virtually impossible for you to answer. You could tell him/her how much you charge, but as to how much he should charge?

Well maybe he replied to customer "I'll get back to you, let me throw that out on the Internetz for advice"
iconmerci.gif

Uh, MLeeK, how much should the OP charge for the photo shoot? Any ideas on the actual subject at hand? Anything? Anything at all?

Not a friggin' clue... but then my ORIGINAL post said that and WHY. RESPECTFULLY.

My ORIGINAL post also conveyed that I didn't have a clue as to how much to charge. I made that point by using something called HUMOR.

You see, MLeeK, Dr. Evil had been frozen for years, and he HAD NO IDEA HOW MUCH a million dollars was WORTH in TODAY'S environment when he proposed that amount of money. Get it??? It is a doubly-funny joke, to people who have the cultural currency to actually understand the "one Million dollars!" reference is being put forth by somebody who is totally,totally unsure of how much money to ask for!! Is this a bit clearer to you, and to others who might not have seen the movie???

Can you please show me where your name appears on one or more of those 'sites? It's not, and it's not going to be. I am NOT a public speaker, but they have definitely earned a healthy dose of respect because of the way they treat people. They have earned the respect of their peers for that PROFESSIONALISM. Something MANY here are totally lacking.

Again madam, I resent this. I have never, to the best of my recollection used anyone's blog, 'site or information, other than such 'sites as Cambridge in Color, or The Strobist, and than only as links to ASSIST OTHERS. Please check your work! You're damn right I point to others. Especially to the newbies. I am NOT about to write the book for them a hundred times. I AM, however, giving a response to them that is respectful AND helpful while not stirring up the sh1t pool.

And where did I say that it was YOU I was talking to?You jumped in when you felt the friends being attacked or
And just where were you involved in this argument before that you seem to feel that this was pointed at you? Guilty conscience?
Highlighted, under-lined bold-face, red type. As I addressed you directly, I can only assume that your response was intended for me lacking and statement from you to the contrary.

With respect to your comment about my "friends", since I have never actually met another member of this forum, I'm hesitant to use the term.

I have no feelings of guilt and was simply trying to point out to you how I believe the original question was perceived by various members of this forum.

Ok, your humor wasn't lost on those of us who have been here to see it and understand why you said what you did... However how does it look to someone just walking in the door wanting to join a group for to learn from their knowledge? It's not funny and the meaning is TOTALLY lost and becomes rude. He doesn't know that we can't answer that question or why we respond that we haven't a friggin' clue.

And where did I say that it was YOU I was talking to?You jumped in when you felt the friends being attacked or
Highlighted, under-lined bold-face, red type. As I addressed you directly, I can only assume that your response was intended for me lacking and statement from you to the contrary.

With respect to your comment about my "friends", since I have never actually met another member of this forum, I'm hesitant to use the term.

I have no feelings of guilt and was simply trying to point out to you how I believe the original question was perceived by various members of this forum.

In all honesty it's not directed at YOU per se. It's directed at those who believe that the poking fun at the newbies because of their ignorance. It is not well typed as I am definitely typing this faster than my brain is catching how my meanings can be taken. I do apologize if you feel it is a PERSONAL attack. It's most definitely not personal. Now if you believe that giving no respect to the newbies because they are ignorant of the ways of the world here? Then yes, it's a personal attack.[/QUOTE]
Re-submit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back