how much do you charge?

johnlo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.jklimagery.com
How much do you charge the couple for their wedding shoot?? and what do you offer them?? I started my own company with my gf beginning of the summer and we are beginning to start looking for clients for weddings. Just trying to see what ppl are charging and offering out there. I know everywhere is different depending on the states or city you are living in. any info would help greatly. thanks.

johnlo

Since you are from New York, here is a rough idea of the pro price in the tri-state:
NY
NJ
PA

There are many pros in this forum and you will hear from them soon.

I do not know about the prices, 'cause I've worked at weddings only once, but if you looking for clients, you can place a posting in "photographer looking for a job" in my forum...may be it'll be useful...

danalec99 said:
Since you are from New York, here is a rough idea of the pro price in the tri-state:
NY
NJ
PA

There are many pros in this forum and you will hear from them soon.

Thanks for the link. I just checked it out... and its very helpful to know who ppl are offering for others. the last thing I want is to under charge and give too much of my service away.....

john

I heard some interesting advice once...

"If 60% or more of the people who you meet with hire you, raise your prices. If 40% or less of the people you meet with hire you, lower you prices."

ksmattfish said:
I heard some interesting advice once...

"If 60% or more of the people who you meet with hire you, raise your prices. If 40% or less of the people you meet with hire you, lower you prices."
I read that last week. :)

John, how do you plan to advertise and get jobs? :0)

I think you should just phone up the local photographers in your area and find out what thier packages and prices are and go by that. Since they are the ones you are competing with.

mavrik said:
http://www.pictureinfinity.com/pricing.html We have packages from 780 to 1500 and a build-a-package option that pays us for our time but allows pretty flexible stuff for b/g. We are booking pretty solidly for next year.

Thanks Mavrik, those are some pretty reasonable pricing. its a good idea to let them built a package.

GerryDavid said:
John, how do you plan to advertise and get jobs? :0)

I think you should just phone up the local photographers in your area and find out what thier packages and prices are and go by that. Since they are the ones you are competing with.

I havent actually thought about the best way to advertise beside from word of mouth of friends and other clients I have photograph. The bulk of my work are Pre-School photography. so many of the parents have asked me about weddings and family portrait. Recently I just booked a wedding, but its a personal friend. He always LOVE my work... have seen it for over 15 years. after back and forth with emails on pricing, we just finalized our numbers. it was pretty hard, because the wedding is out of state. and even if he didnt ask me to be his photographer, he know that I will attend his wedding. In the end, I am happy how the numbers have turned out. One reason why I DO NOT like mixing business with Friendship. But at least the cost was fine for both parties.

I love your idea about contacting other photographers in my area. as a matter of fact, i went to a Bridal Expo two months ago and see what's out there. pretty much everyone are about the same.

Anyone know a good Video Guys thats located in New York??? Would Love to talk to someone, have him or her in my book, in case ppl ask I can always recommand.....heheh!

thanks

Most reactions

Back