How much Photoshop is too much?

Adjusting saturation and contrast is no different than selecting Fuji Velvia over Kodak Gold. I think you should feel free to do whatever it takes before, during, and after the shot to capture the look you want.

I was about to say the same thing.... professionals have been acheiving similar results in the darkroom as well... Does that count as too much? or altering reality?

It is also my observation that most digital camera's RAW do require a certain amount of post-pro in order to get the most out of the capture. Canon's for example are VERY conservative when it comes to contrast, saturation, and sharpness. It was if the designers decided on a very conservative approach in order to allow the flexibilty to the photographer....

This is like saying a Canon snapped->raw->B&W conversion is too much/an alteration of reality while shooting B&W film is not.

Remember... it is art.. .there are no boundaries/rules.

To the OP:

Wonderful photos!!! Yes.. from what I hear the sunsets in the western US is something that i HAVE TO SEE sometime in my lifetime. My favorite is the same as Jeepnut28 pointed out.

I was about to say the same thing.... professionals have been acheiving similar results in the darkroom as well... Does that count as too much? or altering reality?

It is also my observation that most digital camera's RAW do require a certain amount of post-pro in order to get the most out of the capture. Canon's for example are VERY conservative when it comes to contrast, saturation, and sharpness. It was if the designers decided on a very conservative approach in order to allow the flexibilty to the photographer....

This is like saying a Canon snapped->raw->B&W conversion is too much/an alteration of reality while shooting B&W film is not.

Remember... it is art.. .there are no boundaries/rules.
Yep, that is much of my approach. I don't know much about film photography, but as far as I know you have a pretty decent amount of techniques to change the final outcome in a darkroom.

To the OP:

Wonderful photos!!! Yes.. from what I hear the sunsets in the western US is something that i HAVE TO SEE sometime in my lifetime. My favorite is the same as Jeepnut28 pointed out.
Thanks, it means a lot for a newb photographer ;)

Most reactions

Back