How much Post-Processing do you do???

kmeinhart

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Do you 'touch-up' all your photos? or do you have a standard " I always do these 5 things" to every photo. I tend to like my images with more contrast, and I tend to adjust white balance alot. What are some things you always do?

No standard. I do what needs to be done to get the look I want. Sometimes, it's just a matter of throwing in some copyright info into the metadata, renaming the images and sticking on a watermark. Others, maybe 20 steps. Just depends.

The D7000, and probably most other Nikon bodies, will add this for you. There's a menu item for adding copyright info.

Basic info, yes. But not what I want to add.

When it comes to portraits, I tend to have a set amount of things. I have an action I made, actually. I like most of my stuff to be consistent. I do creative edits as well, but I generally do the Action and get a good clean edit first. I look at all my favorite photographers and they all edit enough for their work to stand out, not in a bad way but to the point you can see there is a artistic touch to it.

I choose a few photos, and do minimal touch up on the brightness, contrast and level in photoshop. And also play around with the B&W feature. Most professional photographers that I chat with, they try not to edit their photos.

I choose a few photos, and do minimal touch up on the brightness, contrast and level in photoshop. And also play around with the B&W feature. Most professional photographers that I chat with, they try not to edit their photos.

Probably more like ... they don't need to.

I did a lot of photoshop work when I was newer to this. These days, just a touch... much like you... contrast/curves, sharpening... that's usually it.

As much as necessary to get the look I want but no more.

I don't usually do too much. I figure if the photo needs THAT much touching up, it's probably not a very good/usable photo (due to bad lighting, etc). I don't have a standard, but in LR I tend to adjust clarity, blacks, curves, and whatever else might need to be adjusted...slightly though. Not enough to know that I've really done much work on it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back