How much should auto spy photos sell for?

proletariat

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,
I just happened to get some pics of a prototype H3 hummer while in Moab, UT. I'm trying to sell them to an auto magazine, but don't know what a fair price would be. These are the first images of an otherwise secret prototype vehicle. Any ideas on what to charge??

Well, you can either skin 'em....or make a relationship with them.

It also depends on what kind of release of rights you want to go with. If you were to freelance this work (if it weren't secret) I could see $2-3000 for exclusive rights for, say, a year. Since this is secret, I have no idea what the upper limits could be. But several things will be considered...how secret is it? How good are the pics? What format? What kind of rights are you offering?

Whatever you decide, make it fair and you'll make an ally.

BTW, does it look like this?

tb_0102AUNCWFBC[1].jpg

No, it doesn't look anything like that concept drawing. It looks like a trailblazer with big fenders and tires that stick out. Looks good actually, much better than the H2.

2k-3k!!! Holy Crap!. I was expecting to hear like $500. I was going to try to get $1000, but maybe I'll try for more now. I'm not too worried about building a relationship. I'm just some tourist who happened to be at the right place at the right time, and don't plan on making a career out of this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back