how much should i charge for this job?

Tony Phamily Man

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've just started to move away from deliver free services as a photographer and I think take this one offer

"Definitive Dose is an online publication that covers Sports & Entertainment we are looking for photographer who can take pix for us. Majority of the shoots will be for interviews and video shoots."

However, I have no idea what rates I should suggest for these type of shots. Can anyone give me a range?

I am just gonna go ahead and throw this out there. Your website is alittle disturbing. Having a category called secret places, ..... (with a few photo's that creep)
Having a category called humans, .....

As a psych major.. I'm just sayin.

I'm not just trying to beat you up here, I'm just letting you know that it creeped me to some degree is all.

Stoopid flash based website. : (

SageMark, is it worth going and turning on the PC to check out the "secret places"?

I just looked at your web site and the "humans" category...are you sure you are ready to be charging people who expect you to be able to deliver interview photos? I'm just saying, you seem to have huge problems with technical issues, like exposure, and backlighting, and indoor photography...

I just looked at your web site and the "humans" category...are you sure you are ready to be charging people who expect you to be able to deliver interview photos? I'm just saying, you seem to have huge problems with technical issues, like exposure, and backlighting, and indoor photography...

+1..
alot of it is blown out, noisy, bland,
have you thought of doing things for donations?
i did that after doing things for free. just do things for free and let the clients give you whatever they think is fair even if its a token fee.
im not sure how that would work with a publication though

+1..
alot of it is blown out, noisy, bland,
have you thought of doing things for donations?
i did that after doing things for free. just do things for free and let the clients give you whatever they think is fair even if its a token fee.
im not sure how that would work with a publication though

+1 on that

If you want your site to seem more professional, removing the label "Phone Camera" will really help. I'm not saying you can't post those pics, just do not label them as phone pics...

hmm. he seemed to be content "I have taken a look a your photos and Videos they look really good."

I'll try to offer something relatively cheap

Zero dollars. All the cool kids are doing it.

wondering why you have headshots in your fashion category...:scratch:

aside from that...idk...is this a full time position as an inhouse photog? or is it a contract based thing?...freelance?...shoot by shoot basis?...

need moar infos.

Dude seriously? my cousin shoots better then this. They look like they were taken with like a flip phone camera. Here's my $0.02.

1. Blown out.
2. This little crutial thing called WB.
3. RULE OF THIRDS.
4. SrBiscuit touched on it, "Portraits" in your fashion section.
5. Personally, too many categories.
6. Lastly some of your categories have photos that I think don't think belong there.

Like some people said before man, DONATIONS. If I were you I would use this as more practise and then maybe, just maybe in a year or so you can start charging a couple bucks.

I'm gonna go against the grain on this one. As far as I can tell, it's not like the OP has misrepresented himself. If the potential client wants to hire him, then great...assuming the client has viewed the website, then he/she should know what to expect. It's like telling me not to sell my 1983 Volkswagen Rabbit for $300 to a private buyer because they're unreliable cars with no warranty; if the dude still wants to buy it after a test drive, then win for me! Just be sure to write a contract that protects you from being sued if the client is unhappy.

Most reactions

Back