How much to charge?

KaPOWitsCHRIS

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So my photography teacher has an exhibition where he is allowed 6 images and wants one of mine to go in. He specifically asked for one of my HDR images at A3 size and to come up with a price. Of course, I have no idea of a price or which of the two images below to use. I did look around the net but it's subjective to individual images rather than "oh you should charge £50 for a A3 print". I obviously don't want to under or over price my image.

So here are the two images

_MG_1107_crop_2_A3.jpg

_MG_1083_colour.jpg

I've watermarked them for this post so try to ignore it please.

I worked on the refurbishment of an art gallery at Derby museum, upstairs there was an exhibition called Derby Open for local artists framed prints of this sized were going for £250 upwards, I like the underground shot best, did you get a permit to shoot it ?

Go around to the local galleries and see what work similar to yours is selling for. A reasonable price in one area might be out to lunch in another.

I worked on the refurbishment of an art gallery at Derby museum, upstairs there was an exhibition called Derby Open for local artists framed prints of this sized were going for £250 upwards, I like the underground shot best, did you get a permit to shoot it ?
You're Welcome!

Yep! I recommended for upwards - £1275.
It's way easier to lower the price, than to raise it. (Business 101)

Most reactions

Back