Dean_Gretsch

Papa
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Groundhog 2.jpg

Lovely looking critter image Dean.

"Could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" LOL Nice catch Dean, they're a little on the reclusive side around here.

"Could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" LOL Nice catch Dean, they're a little on the reclusive side around here.

Usually here too, but this one wasn't paying much attention to it's surroundings, lol. I was walking the dog and still snuck up on it :allteeth:

" A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could if a wood chuck could chuck wood".

Alternatively... "How much ground could a ground hog grind if a ground hog could grind ground?"

Nicely done; they look to me like beavers missing a few parts.

Nice shot Dean, but I'm not sticking around for the sequel "Woodchuckies Revenge!" :eek-73:

(Sorry still coming down from Halloween.) :greendevil:

" A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could if a wood chuck could chuck wood".

Alternatively... "How much ground could a ground hog grind if a ground hog could grind ground?"

Nicely done; they look to me like beavers missing a few parts.
Thank you much. I have never heard that second part ( the groundhog one...). Is there one for a " Whistle Pig "? I have heard them called that as well.
Nice shot Dean, but I'm not sticking around for the sequel "Woodchuckies Revenge!" :eek-73:

(Sorry still coming down from Halloween.) :greendevil:
Lol, Jeff. Is that one of your favorite holidays?
Very good shot...........
Thank you Jeff.

I've heard the term "Whistle Pig" before, but I'm not aware of an associated verse. Sounds like something to work on during a cold, winter evening!

Dean_Gretsch,
Lol, Jeff. Is that one of your favorite holidays?

Halloween is my favorite holiday simply because I refuse to grow up. I've always liked monsters and stuff so it just works for me :icon_cyclops::ghost: Christmas is a close second though. :icon_rendeer:

FYI Trivia - the response to the how much wood - "He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, and chuck as much wood as a woodchuck would if a woodchuck could chuck wood." Unless you're a technical geek then according to an old report by a New York fish and wildlife technician named Richard Thomas, He calculated the volume of dirt in a typical 25–30-foot (7.6–9.1 m) long woodchuck burrow and had determined that if the woodchuck had moved an equivalent volume of wood, it could move "about 700 pounds (320 kg) on a good day, with the wind at his back".:allteeth:

A little known fact is that woodchucks are arboreal and will climb trees to eat tender buds in the spring season. I have only witnessed it once while hiking when I observed a woodchuck nearly 15 fewer up a tree. I spoke with a colleague ( wildlife biologist) and he had written a professional paper on the behavior. They are quite common where I call home.

Mike

Most reactions

New Topics

Back