how often do you have your camera?

budskiphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hmm, seems we cant do polls, but how often do you have your camera on you? I always keep my bag with me most of the time, usually not when I go get fast food or beer run and such. I do have a friend that has his in hand at all time, im sure he sleeps that way too.

so how often do you guys carry your camera with you? just for planned shoots? never?

I've also been considering picking up the new nikon P&S because the bag and camera are just too much of a hassle.

Only when I know I'm going to need it.

It's too hot here (usually) to leave it in the car, and I can't take it to work with me, so I just leave it at home unless I plan on using it.

i take it only when i know i'll be using it as here in sweden, where i'm currently living, i don't have a car, so wherever i go i get there with public transport or walking.
if i did have a car i'm sure it would be with me more often.

I don't tend to carry it round with me much unless I am going out to specifically use it - firstly its just too big and cumbersome to carry around all day - secondly I am rarely anywhere interesting to warrant taking a photo ;)

That said at some point I would like to pick up a good bridge camera - I don't think after tasting the delight of the DSLR that I could go and then happily use a pure point and shoot - so bridge camera will be a happy medium :)

I take mine any time for a shoot obviously, when I travel for hobby or vacation (I even sacrifice shoes to carry the tripod). I take it to some parties, but not all. If I think it may get a little crazy, the baby stays at home. I wouldn't want her to get hurt.

The heat is also too bad here to leave it in the car and if it got stolen, I would probably just die. (Of course, if I would get the friggin' thing insured this wouldn't be a concern.)

I have a combination laptop/camera bag. It fits my 17" laptop, power supply, various computer gadgets, the D300, all of its lenses and accessories. I drag it almost everywhere. At just under 30 pounds, I count it as my workout regimen as well.

I need the laptop for work and the camera for my addiction.

I never casually carry my camera... If it is with me, I am there to shoot. I do however haul it around in a backpack (about 12 - 16 lbs) with my 70-200 2.8 & a nifty fifty (to offset weight:lol:) and I sometimes I do not find something interesting to shoot, turning my photographic adventure into a simple bike ride, with extra weight.

I'm expecting a carbon monopod any day now, and in addition to shedding a few pounds (7 lb tripod) I think it will also suit my shooting style.

-Shea

only take it with me when I plan to shoot.

only on very few occasions I regretted not having it on me. most cases were when I was running in the woods and ran into some wildlife.

only take it with me when I plan to shoot.

only on very few occasions I regretted not having it on me. most cases were when I was running in the woods and ran into some wildlife.

I'm usually the same way, but right now I feel really stupid for not having my gear with me. The company I work for is doing lighting and audio for some of these last big political rallies for the U.S. Presidential race, and I have even better accesses than the press, but and because everything is so last second planning, I didn't even think to grab my cameras and lenses before getting on the truck!:grumpy:

I'm really thinking I should get a G9 or G10 to always carry for cases like these.

I only carry it with me when I know I'll be using it. It's very rare that I kick myself for not having it with me and I'm always a bit worried having to keep an eye on it when I'm out so I figure it's not worth taking everywhere.

I always have the Nikon 5200 in the cah which is always near by. I bring out the D200 when I am specifically shooting photographs.

Love & Bass

Last edited:
I only carry it with me when I know I'll be using it. It's very rare that I kick myself for not having it with me and I'm always a bit worried having to keep an eye on it when I'm out so I figure it's not worth taking everywhere.

If there is a small chance that I might use a camera, then I take along a pocket camera. If a videoclip is possible, then I will take along a superzoom or compact. I will only take a DSLR and accessories out if I am going out to shoot.

skieur

My camera bag is like my wife's purse...I don't go anywhere without it. It used to drive her nuts...until I got a photo on the bottom fold of the front page of the Dayton Daily. Now we leave the house and I hear "C'mon, Peter Parker, grab your bag"....:lol:

Most reactions

Back