How old can a little kid shoot a DSLR?

You can give it to him whenever you like.

If you want him to use it for anything other than a hammer or a teething device, you won't let him touch it until he's a good six years old - at minimum.

I started at 2 months. From what I remember I wasn't very good, about the same level I am now. So much for practice makes perfect.

I started at just 5 years with film of course. It wasn't until I was 13 that I had darkroom experience.
I was shooting full manual Nikon slr in Jr. High

Jeesh you guys above are too serious

Here is an idea. How about asking his parents. They should know what developmental stages he is in, well until he turns into a teenager.

Seriously??? Yes, it is definitely too young.

Did Tiger Wood play golf when he was a toddler?:allteeth:

1) A toddler is not the same as a 2-month old baby.
2) A toddler is still too young to know what to do with a DSLR.
3) I know next to nothing about Tiger Woods but even if he was learning how to play golf as a toddler, swinging a metal stick at a little ball is not the same as operating a DSLR on manual.

You've got many years to go before you have to worry about getting your nephew a camera. And when you do, don't start with a DSLR.

I would say start with a point and shoot camera, about age 10

Seriously??? Yes, it is definitely too young.

Did Tiger Wood play golf when he was a toddler?:allteeth:

1) A toddler is not the same as a 2-month old baby.
2) A toddler is still too young to know what to do with a DSLR.
3) I know next to nothing about Tiger Woods but even if he was learning how to play golf as a toddler, swinging a metal stick at a little ball is not the same as operating a DSLR on manual.

You've got many years to go before you have to worry about getting your nephew a camera. And when you do, don't start with a DSLR.

I said I was kidding. It is not like I'm going brainwash this little guy in photography. Just get him started. If he doesn't like it, he can try something else.

It would make a nice hammer for a 2 month old :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back