How Should I Clean My Camera?

Commonman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took my camera to the State Fair and was just wearing it around my neck.
Stupidly, I ate a cream puff and a big hunk of cream fell down on top of the camera. I wiped it off and used a cotton swap with a little water but I'm afraid the sugar from the cream will get into the nooks and crannies and harden. Any suggestions? It's a Nikon D200.

I use a damp towel on the outside of my 30D -- as long as it's not dripping wet, I don't see the harm.

I take photos in pouring rain. A damp towel wouldn't be a problem, just like icassell said.

BTW .... Was it a good cream puff? I love those things :drool:

Yes, the cream puff was great! At the Minnesota State Fair, they have some of the best.

Thank you everyone for you replies. I will not worry about cleaning it with some water.

Also, just a note, back in July, I was on the east coast and took the camera to the beach. Needless to say, sand did get on the camera (but not the lens). I blew it off using one of those cans of compressed air and vacummed out my camera bag pretty carefully.

One of the reason I got the D200 was because it is rugged. And I suppose I'm giving it a pretty good work out.

DO NOT USE COMPRESSED AIR ON THE SENSOR!!!!

O my bad you dint mention your sensor lol.

Wipe it down with a damp cloth. The D200 is weather sealed.

Lesson here: Don't eat on top of your camera!

Let loose the ants they'll clean it up for you :)

Seriously though, the camera is weather sealed, so ignore it. I'd hate to see what I would find in the nooks and crannies of my D200 :er:.

Bah... I was going to suggest that he just toss it in the dishwasher.

Most reactions

Back