prairiewindlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ponyphotographer.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey,

I'm relatively new here...and just had a quick question. Last weekend I was invited to shoot a Pony Club Rally by the Pony Club manager who suggested that many of the parents might be willing to pay for my pictures. Well, many of the parents were indeed very interested - I was approached by no less than 5 people who asked what I was doing and requested a website. When they asked if I would be charging, I was rather vague and told them that I hadn't decided, which may have saved my butt because as it turned out, my camera's shutter speed was messed up (most of the pictures came out w/the edges slightly blurry - but not enough so it was discernible on the LCD screen during shooting). I was able to sharpen most of them with a photo processing program so that they don't look too bad, but I definitely don't want to charge people for them. However, I have a feeling that many of the parents will want copies of the photos anyway...and my question is, how should I "give" them to them? I can't afford prints, and I've been advised against giving away any form of the digital file. However, if I've edited them and they aren't in full resolution, and I include a copyright at the bottom of the photo, would it still be safe to share them digitally via email?

Thanks for your help!

this is where I would say something like...smugmug.com
However, that costs money.

Here's what I would do.
Tell them that you can give them the photos for free, because they did not turn out how you wished, but they must pay for the prints. You'll get them done at walmart or whatever...but they're responsible for the cost.

That way you are both happy.

Most reactions

Back