How should I process this??

TamiAz

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need some help with processing this picture. I posted the SOOC, b&w and color. Does it look better in color or b&w? How can I make it look better?? Thank you!!

1)SOOC
6776181283_782aceaaf3_b.jpg

2)b&w
6746525367_4ae9160fef_b.jpg

3) color
6774086049_4a413da333_b.jpg

Both edited versions have so much contrast that the detail in the shadows is lost.

Both edited versions have so much contrast that the detail in the shadows is lost.

So.....What would you recommend??? Thank you!!

Not to sound discouraging or rude... But this is not a photo that I would worry about processing.

[IMO]First you have to decide what you want people to look at.
The bough in the foreground pulls the eye and yet is out of focus.
The numerous small branches that cross the field of vision really hurt any impact that the picture might have.
There doesn't seem to me too much sense in practicing PPing on an image that will be weak at the end.
Start with a better one, with a clear center of interest and then see how alternative processing will benefit.[/IMO]

Lew

Thank you for the feedback, however, I need some help processing the picture. I need to make it look as good as possible for something I'm doing. All I'm asking for is a little help processing the picture. Can someone help me?? Thank you!!

6776181283_782aceaaf3_b-2.jpg

There's not really a whole lot do to. The Levels in the image are fairly correct, and the white balance is OK for the most part.

What I did:

Moved the Input sliders in Levels towards the middle increasing contrast
Moved color balance over from magenta towards the green side.
Sharpened
Dodged the shadows to show more detail.

Converted to b&w

Added contrast.

6776181283_782aceaaf3_b-2.jpg

There's not really a whole lot do to. The Levels in the image are fairly correct, and the white balance is OK for the most part.

What I did:

Moved the Input sliders in Levels towards the middle increasing contrast
Moved color balance over from magenta towards the green side.
Sharpened
Dodged the shadows to show more detail.

Converted to b&w

Added contrast.

Thank you for your help!! :D

If you want the color photo to look like what you photographed then you need to white balance it and tweak up the midtone contrast.

I went ahead and also put a touch of blue in the sky -- I can't stand white skies.

Joe

6777095673_dddb4cacab_b.jpg

Red channel only as that is where the most detail was in the branch, and overall had a more pleasing tonal range that suited the dark branch.
Added a squiggly curve to both bring up the shadows a touch but also add contrast in the mids and highs.
Created another curve that lowered the overall output and masked for the brighter areas... gently applied around the brighter edges at left, right, and top.

Thank you for the feedback, however, I need some help processing the picture. I need to make it look as good as possible for something I'm doing. All I'm asking for is a little help processing the picture. Can someone help me?? Thank you!!

If your using a pc just use right click delete should work a treat

lol
Welcome to the gsgary show, starring gsgary.
Wihtout further ado, HERE'S GSGARY!

Nice...does that make you feel good?? It must. Sad!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back