How the heck did I wind up in Pennsylvania?

Scott WRG Editor

King of Smoothness
Reaction score
Website
www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org
Well I am actually supposed to be here. Just not now. As some of you might remember (common, humor me) I had worked the Little League World Series last year as a satellite truck operator.

truck.jpg

Well, even though I no longer work for the company they asked if I would work the event this year, though only for a week instead of too. Being unemployed I'm not adverse to getting paid $250 a day for 5 days for essentially driving a truck and sitting on my butt. (and bonus! They have wireless broadband at the event so I can surf away). I was due to pick up the truck on Thursday and drive the 10 hours to PA to set up on Friday.
Last night the fun began. I was preparring to goto bed at 11pm when I recieved the call that a transmiter blew out in the truck already on site and that I needed to get a replacement transmitter into the my truck and drive down to PA by 11am. I left Boston at 12:30am and managed to just get in on time. that was a LONG haul especially since driving at night is not my favorite and combined with a rattletrap Mack truck meant that I was very sore. But lucky for me I have this in my room
room.jpg

One of the benefits of knowing that we do this event every year and so reserve our rooms early :)

Well I spent the day in bed and now will venture forth into the night looking for places of questionable moral value. And tommorrow I get to wander around aimlessly for the day and get paid for it. :) I will post more pics as I take them...

I remember that! :thumbup: You had fun out there as I recall.

Well, cool; this means you'll be hanging out with us between innings. :mrgreen:

Scott, every job has its sh!t parts - yours was driving 10hrs down to PA but the good part is getting paid $250 a day to do pretty much nothing. Always look at the upside mate. :)

right up the road! have a great time and don't forget the photos of your night out!!!!

HEY! I was flipping through the channels and saw the little league world series and I thought about you, Scott! Hope you have fun!

I remember that shot you posted in themes from when you were there...it was some kids in the stands leaning on a railing, they were silhouetted with the sun behind them. :)

Scott WRG Editor said:
... And tommorrow I get to wander around aimlessly for the day and get paid for it....

This sounds a good way of making money to me. Very reasonable!
Have fun. Post pics. Soon. Heehee.

heheh I'd like to be paid $250 per day... :) for almost nothing :) :) take care!

DUDE you need to make a huge banner that says TPF RULEZ!!! and hold it up during the game so we can try and spot you in the crowd.

Swwet news with the hot tub...hopefully you found a sweetie to join you during your catting around last night. Have fun bro!

Most reactions

Back