How to achieve so strong vintage/retro color effect, any presets or ideas?

I'm no expert, but what I see is to elevate the grain level, increase the contrast, desaturate the colors, and increase the overall warmth, reds and yellows while decreasing the greens and blues.

Is this your photo?

If not, it is against forum rules to post it. I also suggest you read the rest of the rules before posting again.

If it is. Do what you did last time.

Is this your photo?

If not, it is against forum rules to post it. I also suggest you read the rest of the rules before posting again.

If it is. Do what you did last time.
Thanks zombie, I get it. No it's not mine, it's for reference, without it, it would be impossible to tell what I'm into You know.

I'm no expert, but what I see is to elevate the grain level, increase the contrast, desaturate the colors, and increase the overall warmth, reds and yellows while decreasing the greens and blues.

Thank You, I will look at it, sure, but thought that maybe someone knows anything deeper about it :) Thank You for Your tips :)

someone knows anything deeper about it
The person that took it might know?

Otherwise, if you’re just looking for presets, try to search the web, Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for presets. I’m sure there is someone out there that created one. You’ll probably have to pay, so if you have any photo editing programs, the cheapest way to get this effect is to try it yourself with what mjcmt said. Presets are ok, but they very rarely (read: never) work for every photo.

Just to clarify, you can link offsite to a photo which is not your own (ideally the original source of the photo) but you are not allowed to embed (have the photo appear in the post) photos which are not your own. So in this case you are still fully free to link to the photo from where you found it or another offsite image host

Just to clarify, you can link offsite to a photo which is not your own (ideally the original source of the photo) but you are not allowed to embed (have the photo appear in the post) photos which are not your own. So in this case you are still fully free to link to the photo from where you found it or another offsite image host

ok I get it

Otherwise, if you’re just looking for presets, try to search the web, Instagram, Facebook, or Pinterest for presets. I’m sure there is someone out there that created one. You’ll probably have to pay, so if you have any photo editing programs, the cheapest way to get this effect is to try it yourself with what mjcmt said. Presets are ok, but they very rarely (read: never) work for every photo.

Yeah. thanks for posting, I agree, but You know, sometimes someone knows something interesting, lately for example Ivee heard bout masking off white bits, thing I havent heard off. I get curves and all that, but maybe anyone knows something worth mentioning. So sharing my tip, but havent tried yet, is duotone with white pixels masking, guy thinks it will avoid yellow pixels appearing at duotone. Sometimes people know good things, like particular layers mixing and so on. Thats the point, to share good techniques here :)

cheers for everyone :)

The photo is like from '40s even if contanting virtually author, the technique was analog, i look for digital way to achieve that style.

I uploaded link for photo

Most reactions

New Topics

Back