how to achieve this effect?

BTW, you agreed to the TOS of the site:

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

Perhaps you should read them now instead of just clicking through so you can post.

do you see me claiming this photo? do you see me saying i shot this and asking how is this effect achieved? do you not see the copyright? are you high or something man?! i'm sorry but your post is VERY offensive to me. not very helpful at all

i came here to ask for help but you're not being very helpful at all, if you don't have something nice or helpful to say then DON'T say it all!!!

OK, let's try this again.

Did you even bother to read the TOS you've agreed to?

What's highly offensive to many here is those who think 'the rules' somehow don't apply to them.

Perhaps I shouldn't 'be helpful' in not getting you banned.

so that means any picture from google and especially from a camera phone is considered against the rules?

ANY photograph, made by ANY means. If you do not have any rights to post it, you are violating forum rules by posting it here. Is that so difficult?

lol. great post. OP breaks the rules. someone points out he did it and flipout insues. great times.

Unfortunately, that's the way kids are being raised these days. They think, "If it's on the internet, it's free.... I can do whatever I want with it." Pirate music, copy movies, download video games. If you can find it on a torrent site, well then... it MUST be OK.

Of course, if others start stealing their own work........ then it somehow becomes a different story. They just don't see the duplicity until they're the victim.

yeah the background is nice and all but i want to know how the effect was done on the girl, she looks like computer generated graphics or something lol

Fantastic lighting, posing and post processing achieved that look.

He's just stating a fact. All he was doing was referring to the forum guidelines. You posted a picture that you did not take or hold the copyright for. What you are doing is against the rules.

so that means any picture from google and especially from a camera phone is considered against the rules?

Any photo that you have not taken personally or do not have the permission from the photographer who created the image.

It is what it is......

480sparky said:
Unfortunately, that's the way kids are being raised these days. They think, "If it's on the internet, it's free.... I can do whatever I want with it." Pirate music, copy movies, download video games. If you can find it on a torrent site, well then... it MUST be OK.

Of course, if others start stealing their own work........ then it somehow becomes a different story. They just don't see the duplicity until they're the victim.

I'll bite my tongue. :p

BTW, you agreed to the TOS of the site:

* You agree to only post images and/or other material to which you have exclusive copyright, or permission from the copyright holder that you are able to present to TPF Staff. Under no circumstances will any instance of copyright infringement be tolerated.

Perhaps you should read them now instead of just clicking through so you can post.

do you see me claiming this photo? do you see me saying i shot this and asking how is this effect achieved? do you not see the copyright? are you high or something man?! i'm sorry but your post is VERY offensive to me. not very helpful at all

i came here to ask for help but you're not being very helpful at all, if you don't have something nice or helpful to say then DON'T say it all!!!
Perhaps YOU should READ the TOS before you flip sh!t on someone. It very CLEARLY states:

Do you have a signed permission for you to post that here? No? Didn't think so.
Get over yourself. We've been playing by the rules here for a while now. You might want to try it before being a total ass.

He's just stating a fact. All he was doing was referring to the forum guidelines. You posted a picture that you did not take or hold the copyright for. What you are doing is against the rules.

Not all the photos you see on the web are freebies. If you created the photo or got permission to post it, it's fine. If not, you're supposed to provide a link back to an original.

Its irrelevant as to whether you make a claim or post a photo credit with the photo. What does matter, is that the photo is not your property to be spreading around where you see fit. You cannot expect to come to a forum filled with photographers, who take their intellectual property rights very seriously, and not have your complete disregard for those rights addressed.

Most reactions

Back