How to add downloads to CS4?

thedarbinator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I started playing around with CS4 a few months ago, and I just recently became interested in downloading free filters, effects, and brushes and I can't figure out how to do it. Any tips?

Instructions for Windows Based Platform.

Ok did you try going on you tube photoshop cs4 brushes you will find countless videos on how to.

It is really simple for brushes let's say you want to install flare brush from adobes site which by the way you can get freebies from Adobe Photoshop Downloads
you will have to create an account to download the files.

Save the file to a suitable location I created a folder on my desktop called Ps Brushes
I save it here.
ibj2j6.png

Copy the brush ABR file you just download it and paste in here if you want to load it as your preset Then I go into C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4 (64 Bit)\Presets\Brushes (NOTICE) I am using photoshop in 64bit mode

If you are running Photoshop in 32bit mode then your brush path is this C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS4\Presets\Brushes

nv5qqf.png

Now open up photoshop and go to the brush tool
2u93aki.png

Now in photoshop click the red dots as illustratrated below you will see your new brush loaded to the presets
If you notice you have options to load brushes also the preset manager allows you to customize what brushes you want loaded by default
1zowbbl.png

Filters, gradients pretty much the same instructions you download the file let's the filter is a 2 color pill filter available from the adobe site when you download it will be a *psd file download this file and paste into the filters preset and it will show up. Plugins come in forms of executable files pretty much click on the executable and follow if any on screen directions then load photoshop and your plugin is active unless it's a plugin that requires registration

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back