How to add some vignetting?

RMThompson

the TPF moderators rock my world!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey guys, Im looking for some help on adding vignetting to my pictures... specifcally this one:

Large version: http://farm1.static.flickr.com/209/443037769_649b49534c_o.jpg

Medium to show:

443037769_efaf2f20db.jpg

i did 2 different versions. ones a little darker than the other.

i used to have plugins for vignettes, but i dont have them anymore. now when i make them, i do it one corner at a time on a transparent layer, and then just mirror and flip the vignette when it looks good to go on the other corners. that way the corners all match and line up good.

0462fa93.jpg

a9016644.jpg

let me know if you want one either darker or lighter, or if you like one of the ones i posted, and ill post the larger version of it for you.

If you are shooting RAW, you can do it in PS when you first open the file under the lens tab.

EFERGOH: I was shooting with my Canon A610, so definetly wasn't RAW! lol

John: Thanks man! I like one with less, and in fact, I'd probably like it LESS than that even! Ill give that a shot on Photoshop, but I really am so photoshop-dumb.

Thanks!

Big Mike, a little reverse action... I like it, although it's still a little much for what I was trying to achieve.

Awesome though.

heres 2 more versions. both have a lighter vignette and the first one has a very slight blur, the second has a bit more blur and the vignette is offset to the left a little instead of being centered.

26643650.jpg

d2ee8e90.jpg

Just use the burn tool and switch to the highlights mode :)

Just use the burn tool and switch to the highlights mode :)

That's what I would do, too. Vignettes are tricky, and if you're only looking for a tiny effect, burning will look a lot better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back