How to advertise to the world that you're just a NEWB photographer...

Well that was my entire list of finalist biz names .... back to the drawing board ... :biglaugh:

Name your business with one of the following words (combine multiple for extra points!):

Precious
Frozen
Time
Captured
Focus
Moments
Memories
Snaps
Shots
Frame
Forever

I cannot tell you much names containing those words eat at me like nails on a chalkboard.

I see those names, and I think to myself, "This person is NOT gonna be any good." And then I visit their website/portfolio/facebook page, and 9.99 times out of 10 I'm right.

I think only ONCE did I assume that and they actually kicked a$$. Everyone else was incredibly mediocre to ... just plain terrible. :lol:

**Awaits the on-slaught of very upset people who have named their businesses as such.**

[DISCLAIMER: For the record, this was sparked by something I saw on Facebook. Not here. I have no idea if any of you are running around with names like this.]

Need snaps of your precious memories? Call us here at Doing Time photography. Forget those cheapo ads on craigslist, if you want a real bargain hire on of our convicted criminals on work furlough instead.

No one understands how to capture moments if they've never been captured themselves, and who better to frame those unforgettable memories than someone who's knows what it's like to be framed?

So for your next event call Doing Time photography. Quality pictures for less than you pay for a license plate.

The best part is, these guys take no payment.

When you invite them into your home for the photog session,
they'll rob you blind anyways.

That's it! I'm gonna rename to Memories of Precious Time Frozen Forever

This thread is more entertaining than what I had anticipated.

Though on a serious note, Sands of Time Frozen Memories Professional Photography - does sound like something I'd go with.

Wonder if it's because of the interwebs. I seem to remember a trend in phone books (ha! remember those?) that went something like this:

A1 Plumbing*
AA Plumbing
AAA Plumbing

* Insert muffler/tire/air conditioning/law office/vision center/salon/hardware

This thread is more entertaining than what I had anticipated. Though on a serious note, Sands of Time Frozen Memories Professional Photography - does sound like something I'd go with.

Haha, don't do it!

Wonder if it's because of the interwebs. I seem to remember a trend in phone books (ha! remember those?) that went something like this: A1 Plumbing* AA Plumbing AAA Plumbing * Insert muffler/tire/air conditioning/law office/vision center/salon/hardware

Yeah but I at least understand that.

This is just plain cheesiness. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Name your business with one of the following words (combine multiple for extra points!):

Precious
Frozen
Time
Captured
Focus
Moments
Memories
Snaps
Shots
Frame
Forever

I cannot tell you much names containing those words eat at me like nails on a chalkboard.

I see those names, and I think to myself, "This person is NOT gonna be any good." And then I visit their website/portfolio/facebook page, and 9.99 times out of 10 I'm right.

I think only ONCE did I assume that and they actually kicked a$$. Everyone else was incredibly mediocre to ... just plain terrible. :lol:

**Awaits the on-slaught of very upset people who have named their businesses as such.**

[DISCLAIMER: For the record, this was sparked by something I saw on Facebook. Not here. I have no idea if any of you are running around with names like this.]

Need snaps of your precious memories? Call us here at Doing Time photography. Forget those cheapo ads on craigslist, if you want a real bargain hire on of our convicted criminals on work furlough instead.

No one understands how to capture moments if they've never been captured themselves, and who better to frame those unforgettable memories than someone who's knows what it's like to be framed?

So for your next event call Doing Time photography. Quality pictures for less than you pay for a license plate.
gold hahahahha

Precious
Frozen
Time
Captured
Focus
Moments
Memories
Snaps
Shots
Frame
Forever

Blast, and I was JUST about to fill out the DBA for "Precious Memories Forever Frozen in Time" :lol:

Had another "photographer" hand me his business card yesterday, "Life's moments captured" and if I ever needed help to call. I checked out the web site, half the photos didn't load, other pages were blank. This from a person using brand new Nikon D4's a 300 2.8 and 70-200 2.8, he explained that it was part time until he retires from his "real job", one of my favourite types. The pictures that did load, brutal, and that's all I'm saying.

I love poking through the bored house wife photographers on craigslist. Hell, one of them works at the dealership I am at just so they can save money and not have to pay someone to do it.

Ha! Well, luckily I didn't use any of those words in my "catchy" name. Maybe there is hope for me yet! ;)

I can't help but laugh sometimes but some of this people are probably going to get a big dose of reality one of these days. I imagine at least some of this will run its course eventually because they won't be making money at it, will get tired of doing it because they didn't really love it to start with, etc. But probably not anytime soon, unfortunately.

I lol whenever a bio says any of the following:

"I've loved photography as long as I can remember"
*something about grandpa's film camera*
"Precious memories"
"Moments frozen in time"
"special day"
"I don't just take photos, I tell stories."

Also, pretty much anyone who has their bio written in third person. It makes me think they're trying to make themselves seem more in-demand than they actually are. "Oh, sorry. I'm sooooo busy I didn't even time have to write a few sentences about myself."

Most reactions

Back