How to become a better retoucher

Interesting video, I will hold my hand up and admit i have been guilty sometimes of using gausian blur to soften skin tones, she seems to know her way around PS pretty well, I really need to start experimenting with different brushes and techniques.

WHEN. IS. HER. BOOK. COMING. OUT?! I've been WAITING for this book FOREEEEEVER. :lol: I'm starting to go a little crazy over it, honestly. :crazy: :biglaugh:

e.rose said:
WHEN. IS. HER. BOOK. COMING. OUT?! I've been WAITING for this book FOREEEEEVER. :lol: I'm starting to go a little crazy over it, honestly. :crazy: :biglaugh:

Only starting eh... ;)

e.rose said:

Only starting eh... ;)

Well... over THIS particular thing... only starting.

In general? Well we all know the answer to that... :lmao:

e.rose said:

Yep I was hinting more towards in general lol

All jokes aside, if she has a book coming I'm definitely going to buy it. Really like her technique.

e.rose said:

Yep I was hinting more towards in general lol

All jokes aside, if she has a book coming I'm definitely going to buy it. Really like her technique.

According to the blog posted above, this vendor has her first(?) one, currently on sale for the next 4 or so days.

Creative Retouching Essentials in a Day for 50% off - PhotoWhoa

I think I'ma grab me a copy. :biggrin:

Last time she had a sale on her website, I wasn't able to get it because I had 0 play money... but I have $30 or so bucks sitting around right now... :lol:

e.rose said:
According to the blog posted above, this vendor has her first(?) one, currently on sale for the next 4 or so days.

Last time she had a sale on her website, I wasn't able to get it because I had 0 play money... but I have $30 or so bucks sitting around right now... :lol:

That one is available, but I was also referring to the Digital Art one they mentioned coming out or working on in 2013. That leans a little more towards my style. I'm avoiding portraits like the plague as I really don't like what I've been able to come up with.

e.rose said:

That one is available, but I was also referring to the Digital Art one they mentioned coming out or working on in 2013. That leans a little more towards my style. I'm avoiding portraits like the plague as I really don't like what I've been able to come up with.

Yeah that's the one I'm waiting for too, but the one I linked to is the... "here are the basic tools you need to prepare for my 2013 book" book. :lol:

And, you might not need it, but I know I will most likely benefit from it. :lol:

e.rose said:
Yeah that's the one I'm waiting for too, but the one I linked to is the... "here are the basic tools you need to prepare for my 2013 book" book. :lol:

And, you might not need it, but I know I will most likely benefit from it. :lol:

Oh don't get me wrong, I should probably study the thing. I know it would benefit me as well.

Most reactions

Back