How to blow away a client...

It takes a good photographer as well as a good businesswoman/man to run a successful business and MLeek...you're both! Great read :)

I've always tried to give my clients more than they are expecting, many of them don't even realize what small things I've done to make the shoot and images better. I've always been one to show my best, the competition out there at the high end is all about the best. Showing someone you've never worked with average can go one of two ways, if they were expecting better, you don't get the job, if they are happy with what they see then you do. Showing average is a risk. On the other side, many photographers can come up with 10-15 great portfolio images but can't deliver that quality consistantly, which is where they end up disappointing the client. In this case, showing the level of average quality protects the photographer, in the event that things don't turn out well.

I thought what was posted was well done though, there are definately ideas in there that can be used.

It's easier to slow down a fast racing driver than speed up a slow one.

Great post! reminds me of scotty for star trek. I forget what he is called exactly, a boy wonder or something, but he tells the captain it will take x long to do something and then does it in 1/3 the time and everyone is very happy! Promise less and give more!

A fast turn around is also something that can blow a customer away and something that I am working on. Right now I take to long and need to work on this. Ive heard that the referrals greatly increase from a fast turn around, which I want to test. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back