How to dertermine what size?

peanut170

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took 5 pics and made them a panorama in elements 8, the final size says 13296 x 1834. How do i know what size this is if i wanted to get it printed.

I dont know peanut.. thats all depends on how big your living room is :) and wheter or not the printer place can print the size you want.

I dont know peanut.. thats all depends on how big your living room is and wheter or not the printer place can print the size you want.
:thumbup:

Yes, you can have it printed at pretty much any size you want...but you may want to check out what size the lab can/will print to. You may have to have it printed on a bigger size sheet, then trim the print to match the image.
Or you could crop your image to the size/ratio of a print size that you want. For example, if you had a particular frame in mind, you could crop your image to the right size/shape/ratio for that frame.

Ok u divide it by PPI so at 300ppi its 44 x 6

so those numbers are the ppi, so 13000 divided by 300 is 44 basically? never knew that, appreciate the answer.

I dont know peanut.. thats all depends on how big your living room is and wheter or not the printer place can print the size you want.

Yes, you can have it printed at pretty much any size you want...but you may want to check out what size the lab can/will print to. You may have to have it printed on a bigger size sheet, then trim the print to match the image.
Or you could crop your image to the size/ratio of a print size that you want. For example, if you had a particular frame in mind, you could crop your image to the right size/shape/ratio for that frame.

So how do you do this, crop it down to whatever number divided by 300 = the size i want?

We have similar thread here so I'll just copy and paste what I said to him.

So how do you do this, crop it down to whatever number divided by 300 = the size i want?

Did you do any PP to your image? If so, do this, take the RAW file, open it to a 300ppi - 16 bit TIFF file and edit that.
Don't change anything as far as sizing. Save the size of the image as is. Send it to the printer with your original size. They will change whatever needed to make it into the size you want it to print. Don't mess with the size at all in your end.

well.. from the file you know the aspect ratio which is 13296x1834 = 7.24.

You should work backward peanut. How wide do you want this on your wall? Do you want the whole thing or you are OK with cropping some of the sides?

Ok u divide it by PPI so at 300ppi its 44 x 6

so those numbers are the ppi, so 13000 divided by 300 is 44 basically? never knew that, appreciate the answer. When doing math it really helps to include the units so you can see what is going on:
13296 pixels divided by 300 pixels-per-inch = 44.32 inches. (The pixel units cancel leaving only inches.)

Not necessarily. You can alter the PPI resolution.

At 200 ppi the same 13296 px x 1834px would be 66.48 inches by 9.17 inches (just over 5.5 feet wife).
At 400 ppi it would be 33.24 inches by 4.585 inches, which isn't very tall.

There are labs that specialize in printing panoramas. Panorama Printers, LLC. | Panorama Printers Home

Most reactions

Back