How to drain a camera battery?

!!
if I were not in student housing mine would be in the fridge after reading that!
I dare not risk it currently - the others might try eating or selling them ;)

well why can't you just leave them charged and then charge them again to give them a boost before you leave:confused:.

Dosen't make much sense to go to all that work to drain battery for no reason and then recharge it.

well why can't you just leave them charged and then charge them again to give them a boost before you leave:confused:.

Dosen't make much sense to go to all that work to drain battery for no reason and then recharge it.

it was a question of the battery memory - essentially many rechargable batteries state that you should fully drain before recharging - recharging inbetween would lead to significant reduction in battery charge time --
of course if they don't suffer from the memory problem then there is no worry

I would challenge what that site says about NiMH memory, as I do not believe they have a problem with charge memory. Also, NiCd batteries steadily improved on that count to the point that the NiCd packs used in R/C basically had no charge memory problem, as of a few years ago. Of course, then we went to Li-poly...

Most reactions

Back