How to export a single folder in Picasa?

Primoz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So here's the thing. After I finish editing my files in LR, I export the "family photos" in jpegs and import them in Picasa 3. Reason for that being, that my father who also does a lot of photography already has a powerful picasa library.

Now he has a lot of images that I would like to have on my computer as well. All the photos are rated, tagged, people are tagged as well - it's beautifully organised. That's why I want to continue my photo library in picasa.

Now I already have my own Picasa Library and I want to add some of my father's folders including all belonging tags and ratings. So I want to select the folders in his library and import them in my existing library.

Can this be done? Thanks!

You are going to have a hard time finding people really using picasa. Maybe ask your dad?
If you are using LR it may well read the keywords from your dad's images. The power of LR is in it's cataloging, tagging, etc...

People actually use Picasa?

I love Lightroom and and I couldn't live without it's develop module. But to be honest when it comes to organising your photos, Picasa is much more appealing to me...
My dad uses it all the time - and why not? He shoots with a Canon G6 in JPEG and doesn't require any tools but cropping and minor color adjustments. It's perfectly fine! ;-)
I would use Picasa only for my personal photos (this excludes any work done for clients or artistic photography). So basicly a digital photo album...

Oh and Picasa 3 has a cool feature that LR doesn't: face recognition - this comes very handy when you have thousands of family photos! =)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back