How to find models question?

Rob

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ukphotographs.com
Hi,

I'm working on my professional portfolio at the moment, and it's really tough. I've done a lot of personal modelling for catalogue models and many have achieved success with my work. All of this was done casually, and now I'm working on more polished studio and outdoor stuff.

My question is... Does anyone have any good ideas for attracting models who want to work for prints? I don't want to pay premium rates for a professional model, and I don't have enough time to hang around the local universities acting like a dirty old man!!!

Has anyone tried any techniques - flyers, posters, direct recruitment, whatever which have worked to get a person you want? I've done enough candid portraits, I need some attractive young people who could pass for professional models!

Vanity is a strong motivator. If you are "established," the invitational sitting usually works and raises no fears or concerns.

I've heard of using a classified ad for a "modeling contest" will attact many. I suppose one would need to be specific as to what type of model is wanted and how they would be compensated.

Promise to display a large print of the "winner" in a prominent place... store-front window, restaurant, mall, etc. This would combine vanity with the desire for fame. Wow!

There are alot of actors & entertainers that need up to date photos for their portfolios, like me. You can also advertise on gumtree.com & some acting websites.
"Prints for Poses
I'm always looking to upgade my portfolio or experiment. If you need shots for your Model or Actor portfolio and have that special look I”ll consider trading Prints for Poses. It's free to you and I get to add to my portfolio. Please call and ask."

Ideas

Portrait Party

What is a Portrait Party?
There are all kinds of home product parties. Now you have an opportunity to host a party that is really unique! Beautiful professional portraits you and your guests will enjoy for a lifetime. The Portrait Party is also a great way for a group of friends to get a tremendous discount on their their individual portraits.
Here's how it Works?
As the host or hostess of a “Home Portrait Party”, you invite friends and family members to your home for a special photo session. You choose the theme, from Headshot to Glamour, and I bring the studio setup to your home. Your guests pose in the “film star set” as they step up for their portrait. So, have your guests glam themselves up and party on.
Here's The Deal
There is a minimum Portrait Party session fee of $60 for 2 to 4 guests. Each additional guest, up to 8, add $15. Each guest will get about 20 minutes of “Star Time”. Everyone will get one 8X10 inch Print of their favorite pose. The host or hostess will get a CD with all the images. You can't beat that! http://www.rwhitephoto.com/tips.html

Cheers,
Louise.

myspace.

All kinds of pretty girls are like "omg I want modeling pics!" and they go to the watermarked website and check into it.

Screw OMP. It's such a trashy site. I much prefer ModelMayhem.

How could a thread that is going on 3 years old (in Feb) be revived just NOW? What with Rob not having been on the forums for over a year?

And here I was hoping he was showing up again with a NEW thread of his own :(......... Not so....... :(

How could a thread that is going on 3 years old (in Feb) be revived just NOW? What with Rob not having been on the forums for over a year?

And here I was hoping he was showing up again with a NEW thread of his own :(......... Not so....... :(

:lmao:

I know its an old thread but maybe someone is interested so I'll throw my idea out there. I don't photograph a lot of models but a friend of mine does and he takes out classifieds in college papers.

Occasionally I find good models on Craigslist, but sometimes flakes too. Also try modelmayhem.com - flakes there too, but it's worth a try.

~K

you could also phone a local modeling agency, send them a link to your work and ask them if they have any models who would be interested in doing a shoot in trade.

I placed an ad on Craiglist after reading this thread 2 days ago and have gotten 2 women to contact me. Looks to be pretty good for me.

I also posted on myspace but havent gotten any hits back yet.

I have went to the model mayhem site but they are slow to accept new members, been waiting for days.

-Puma-

Most reactions

New Topics

Back