Roger3006

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.midsouthgunslinger.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone

I am stumped again. I am shooting with a manual studio flash. I have a hot shoe to PC adaptor on a D80. How do I tell the camera to fire the flash. Also, will it work with Control my nikon?

Thank yall very much and have a great weeken.

Grits

Everything is wired. Nothing happens when I fire the camera. I have monkeyed with the settings with no luck. What shoud the settings be on he camera.

Grits

Well, the camera should be in manual mode...but that doesn't matter in terms of making the flash fire. If you have the cable attached to the camera it should be triggering.

What flash/strobe to you have? How is the cable attached to it?

Do you know for certain that the cable is sound? Flash cables and PC connections are notorious for being faulty.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I have used the Cactus V4 triggers that Big Mike has suggested. I used them on my D5000 and my D90. They misfire once and a while, but I think they are decent enough for the average enthusiast. I used them to fire a SB-600 and AB 800's. If your interested, I might actually sell my triggers as I just got a cybersync set with the gear I just bought.

The D90 does have commander mode on it, I have used it successfully on my SB-600. I have yet to try it with my AB 800's but I assume it would function the same. I guess all that would matter is that your flash has the optical slave.

Are these studio strobes or speedlights in a studio? D80 has a built in commander mode that can activate compatible Nikon flahes. You can also set the strobes/flashes on optical mode and use the popup flash to activate them.

Thanks Everyone,

After fightijng the settings for an hour, I changed everything back to manual, turned the plug around going into the power pack and it worked fine. This one in on me.

I am going to look hard at a wireless system. My D90 is being repaired because I tripped on the USB cable shooting theathered. I should have blamed that on on the the dog but it was all me. I do not need anymore cables to trip over or cause problems. I date back back as far as the old Honeywells so I can attest that PC cables are problematic.

This is the first time I have used real studio equipment and I am already spoiled. Real strobes and a studio stand makes life much easier.

Will any of the wireless triggers work with a Norman 2000D?

Thank you all again for all your advice and have a great weekend.

Roger

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back