how to - get a santa photographer job in a mall

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My part time job is coming to an end, not to many weddings left, and soon my cashflow will be almost non existant. So ive been applying for photography related jobs, but one that interested me would be to do the santa photographer in the mall, to bad your unemployed after Christmas but if I could get 2 part time jobs, this being one, that would be great.

So im wondering if the mall hires a company to dothe photographing or if the mall sets it up themselves and they hire someoen that knows how to run a camera. I konw the simple answer would be to phone the mall and ask them, but got no idea who to ask for, plus I hate making phone calls like this.

So has anyone here done this before? And if so how did you get it? :0).

I used to have a band in my former life and had to make cold calls to get bookings. The first few times were tough. Just have a list of questions ready and go over them in your head. Then all you have to do is pick up the phone! ( or better yet, talk to them in person)

Im not to bad when I get going. I phoned like 20 photographers last year for a research thing for unemployment. Its just the get going. But the fact I dont know where the offices are in the malls, or who to even ask for for this makes it harder as well. Plus I tend to speak to fast. Oh the joys, hehe.

You can call the mall and ask for the marketing manager but i can tell you most big malls which could be managed by a company that handles many malls in the country usually has a company that handles mall santas and that same company usually does the over priced photos.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back