How to get started with Adobe Photoshop

cgennoe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey!!

I am brand new to Photoshop. What resources do you recommend to establish a solid foundation for learning this program. Do you know of any video podcasts that are good?
Or internet resources at that?

Thanks for the advice!

:greenpbl:

google photoshop tutorials

Agreed, there are many good online tutorials, or head to the library and get some books.

I find, for myself, the best way to learn anything is to dive in headfirst. Run the proggie, load up a pic, and play around with it until your eyes hurt. At the very least you're learn a lot of the menus and stuff, and get your head wet in the meantime.

In my most humble opinion, I would say for starters that you should look up how to use levels, curves and color balance before anything else when dealing with photographs. I would say that's the most important first step.

Either way, have fun! :smileys:

---------

Last edited:
I got a few books from the Lark series, and they are excellent. The first was Mastering black and white digital photography. I felt as though i knew a great deal about photoshop because I had used it daily for school, and over 2 years for photography. I learned a lot from that book, and it was very easy to use. It walks through almost every step, and is very easy to follow (tons of step by step screenshots so you always know where to go). And it was only $20.

http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Bla...bs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215741351&sr=8-1 Used is only $13!

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Just wanted to add, in addition to online tutorials (Tutorialized is another good site with tons of Photoshop tutorials) you might want to check out the book "The Adobe Photoshop CS3 Book for Digital Photographers" by Scott Kelby. Tons of great information in that book, I love it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back